PDA

View Full Version : Leaks from 6 max stats

AshleyC
11-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I have been playing 6 max, mostly at FT. I often feel as though I am the most most aggressive player at the table even though my stats show otherwise, as I play tighter than most of the other players. I think that the reason I have this image is that when I play a hand I'm raising. This is basically the key message from Green Plastic/Muddywater's videos from cardrunners, that I've watched. I'm not sure how many of you are aware of Cardrunners, but it is a site with instructional videos from top players. This pre flop raising leads me to have a distorted image. The effect is that players often call my c-bets with air and if I check the turn they often fire a pot sized bet at the river.

The hands I have the stats from are admitedly a small sample size. My opening raising range is suited connectors, pairs , AT+ from EP, and I then open up more from the CO and button. I play very tight when there is an opening raise to me, and call / raise with pairs and AQs/AK +depending on the player. From my stats it seems i'm a bit of a nit, but as it's a small sample I may well have run bad over this sample.

My stats over 12,732 hands are as follows:

VPIP 17.89
VPISB 25.49
Folded BB to steal 87.19
Attempt to steal 20.99
Won $WSF% 35.63
Wenst to showdown% 20.05
Won at SD% 51.86
PF Raise% 11.62
PF AF 1.68
Flop AF 5.23
Turn AF 3.50
River AF 1.85
Total AF 2.33
Won $ when Saw Flop% 35.63
Went to showdown % 20.05
Folded to River Bet % 68.28
When fold hand:
No fold% 15.03
Pre-flop% 73.44
Flop% 7.61
Turn% 2.62
River% 1.30

Once again, I understand that this is a small sample size, however, some advice is better than no advice and there may be major leaks that can be spotted from this small sample size. I really appreciate any advice.

Miraculix
11-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi.

I donīt know what level you play but I play the $25 and I almost never raise (or limp) SC, Axs, AT, AJ from EP. From CO and Button I play a lot more hands. Raising the big ones all the time and mixing up raising/limping Axs, SC etc. depending on the opponents. But I NEVER open limp!!!
If you use a HUD, add the stat for "Folds continuation bet". That way you can see if a guy folds only 20% of the time and save your money if you didnīt hit the flop. "Went to showdown" and "Won $ at showdown" are other good stats.
Watch iSTRONGīs tutorial videos for these levels. Itīs good stuff!!

// M

Tien
11-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Looks like you have been running badly. People have been catching and you've been missing. That's how I see it.

You raise 13% of hands, but that isn't really THAT much compared to some more aggressive 6 max players who raise up to 20% of the hands and still manage to play TAG.

I believe you should look to fire more 2nd barrels on the turn in spots where you believe you have a very good chance to make them fold.

A lot of the time, mayhbe 90-95% of the time, if you check the turn, they will lead into you on the river. I say you should bet the turn with any reasonable draw or mid pair if you think they will bet the same amount as you do on the river if you decide to check the turn instead. This kicks out a lot of the floaters as well as them checking to you on the river instead of betting into you.

I hate having to make tough decisions on the river when they lead into me. I like to put the decision to them and bet again on the turn a lot of the time.