PDA

View Full Version : Question about tonight's donkament

avfletch
11-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Mornin' all (or whatever is appropriate for your time zone),

I've been teaching my Dad to play decent poker for the last few months and suggested playing in the tournament tonight would be good for him.

Unfortunately I'm staying with my parents this weekend so I was wondering what everyone thought about us both playing. We'll be in different rooms and won't collaborate but obviously you can't know that we're not taking advantage so I'd appreciate some votes and opinions on this matter.

I don't know if Stars will allow us both to play in the same tournament but if it will, what do you think?

For reference value the screen names are avfletch and fletchv. (Now you can see why I brought this up in advance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dans Full
11-18-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm assuming you are on the same internet connection...in which case this poll means nothing.

PS will not let 2 players with the same IP address play in the same ring game, or tournament. (nor will any other card room to my knowledge)

Panthro
11-18-2006, 10:50 AM
you'll likely get warned/banned by PS.

avfletch
11-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up on this. Guess I'll just wait and see how this evening goes.

Look forward to seeing you at the tables if I play /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dans Full
11-18-2006, 11:34 AM
actually, I don't think it will even let the second person sit down. It will imediately recognize the IP Addys, and give you a weird error message(I forget the exact message). no warning or banning for the 1st time at least. can't speak for more than that.

Supwithbates
11-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I've done it tons of times before in tourneys, they let you sit down, and I didn't get warned either. My brother and I both played in a 1+.20 on stars last month, he was across the room from me on the same switch(never at the same table)

ama0330
11-18-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't really mind because as far as Im concerned you are both dead money.

LOLODONKAMENTEDU /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

avfletch
11-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Turns out my Dad isn't going to be able to play anyway so its become a moot point.

See you at the tables soon.