PDA

View Full Version : How should I play a FD like this?

Minnie Man
11-18-2006, 04:35 AM
I don't know much about the villain as he just sat down 25 hands ago. So far he is about 30/18/2. Not a donk from what I can tell.

Before any flaming, I limped because this table had been calling PFR most of the time, but not raising themselves. I thought I could see a cheap flop, so I limped. I don't do this often, as I usually open raise.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($19.50)
Button ($20.45)
SB ($9.20)
BB ($10.05)
UTG ($5.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.6</font>, Hero calls $0.60, SB folds.

Is calling this flop okay? Should I try and raise to get a free card as he only bet 1/2 pot? What is the most +EV play in a situation like this?

Turn: ($2.40) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.5</font>, Hero ???

I might be drawing dead here anyways if villain has Ax suited. Should I continue?

orange
11-18-2006, 05:27 AM
PF is pretty bad. Open limping with this hand is really ugh, and so is calling. I much prefer either raising myself or folding, depending on your table.

Flop is fine given PF action. I would fold the turn...you won't get paid much if you hit, as your cards are faceup. I think your biggest mistake in this hand was preflop.

Rake16
11-18-2006, 06:00 AM
Villian led out and bet the turn again... Axs is a likely hand as are AK,AQ.. Highle doubtful he has a flush draw as well. The check raising the flop wouldve been nice as of seeing where you are at and to gather more information. I think you have to call the turn and check if you dont hit your spade. Obviously he has a hand and will likely call an attempt to steal. If you hit the flush, bet HP on the river.

Minnie Man
11-18-2006, 09:05 PM
So the better play would be to open raise PF. Okay. Now, with a baby flush draw, do I call his flop bet if he bets it? Or do I make a min raise? Or, if he checks the flop, do I check behind? I get lost sometimes on these types of draws. Sorry, just a noob here.