PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6max - Played KK terribly... HELP

pwalsh21
11-18-2006, 12:24 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($49.50)
BB ($85.50)
Hero ($56.10)
MP ($122.40)
CO ($52.85)
Button ($45.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.5</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Turn: ($13) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9.

River: ($31) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $17</font>, Hero?

Villain is 30/24/4.33 over 73 hands, my image is very tight. I really didn't know what to make of the flop bet by him, because he knows one of us will bet. I thought he had a draw, but wasn't positive, so I just called. I thought if I re-raised, he'd probably push a strong draw or a set and fold anything else (except AA and maybe QQ), including a lot of hands I’m way ahead of. So basically, I didn’t think a raise would tell me much, and I didn’t want to commit a lot of chips right away.

When he bet 9 on the turn, I strongly considered folding. However, I'm still ahead of QQ/AJ/KJ/QJ/JT, have outs against J9, and he could still be semi-bluffing a flush draw.

River is a terrible card, now I see no way I'm ahead. I doubt he's betting any hand I have beat (QQ/AJ/KJ/QJ/J9), so KK is basically a bluff-catcher. Still, it's not a very large bet. Opponent’s WTSD/WASD is 34/55.

My questions are:

1.) If I re-raised the flop to 15 and he pushes, is it a call?
2.) What's my best move for the turn after calling on the flop?
3.) As played, do you call river?

Thanks!

orange
11-18-2006, 12:59 AM
You need to raise this flop, call a shove. I would raise for a few reasons, the primary reason being value vs. weaker hands.

You played this hand really really passive. You need to raise the flop and look to get it in on the turn. Since you didn't, I really don't know what to say on the river. You put yourself in this situation from your lack of aggression. I would probably call because the board paired on the river (negating other 2p combos) and your hand is way underrepped.

Please be more aggressive.

GtrHtr
11-18-2006, 01:13 AM
1. yes its a call.
2. don't call on the flop, jack it up as orange says.
3. yeah.

Sir Winalot
11-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Raise flop, raise turn, call river.

kokiri
11-18-2006, 08:51 AM
I basically agree with the other posters. If you call the flop, I think you gotta get more aggro on the turn. The exception would be if you know that the bettor is very aggro on all streets with marginal hands, in which case letting him strangle himself might be ok.

RIver is a call - losing 60BB with KK on a no-Ace board iis standard. I might even be tempted to push the river, expecting to get called by AJ, KJ, J9 etc.

The 8 is actually not so bad - it only lets the FD catch up to you (which is unlikely - villains don't always have a fd) and lets you beat (an unlikely) 2 pair.