PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m TPGK facing big river bet

Thrahl
11-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Villain is 40\11\2 over around 70 hands. I have seen him take the line CC-flop/CC-turn/BET-riv a handful of times. Haven't seen any of these hands shown down because everyone is folding to his river bets. His river Aggression Factor is 6. Then this............

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $115.05
Hero: $59.85
CO: $18.35
Button: $42.45
SB: $50
BB: $43.35

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.25, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($24.25, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">Checked here for pot control, I'm not a big fan of playing massive pots with TPGK. If hes got a big club I'm giving him a free card but thats the trade off.</font>

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($24.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $25</font>, Hero.......

<font color="blue">When the blank fell on the river, my first thought was "if he bets his whiffed K of clubs I'm calling".
Doh!, didn't think he would bet that much. Hero ponders and................................</font>

Imrahil
11-17-2006, 09:40 AM
I think I may fold because usually big bets are bets that want to be called. People usually bluff like 1/2 pot because if they are called they don't lose as much. This is hard though, but I feel that villain may have flopped a flush, as donkeys love calling with any suited cards.