PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6max - Playing a strong draw vs. TAG

pwalsh21
11-16-2006, 11:32 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($50.25)
UTG ($61.05)
MP ($66.65)
Hero ($27.25)
Button ($112.65)
SB ($12.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($5.75) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $34</font>, Hero calls $14.25 (All-In).

Villain is very tight and is passive post-flop (but will make c-bets). My image is also very tight. I put him on a pair between TT-AA, or AK/AQ. Unless he has a set or AA/AQ, I have lots of outs with the flush draw and overcard. I also thought my raise on the flop would make him lay down many of these hands.

Basically I just want to know if I played this hand well, and if not, where are my mistakes? Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

deaders
11-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Raise slightly more on the flop, apart from that nh.

Check_The_Nuts
11-17-2006, 12:18 AM
preflop seems bad.

edit to add: tight range UTG is AJs+, AQo+,22++, KQs, KQo. Your not really ahead of that range by much (if any).

pwalsh21
11-17-2006, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
preflop seems bad.

edit to add: tight range UTG is AJs+, 22++, KQs, KQo. Your not really ahead of that range by much (if any).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really concerned about preflop. I knew I was likely behind when I called, but I had position, which I think is more important. I also think this was the perfect flop for AJs, b/c to that re-raise, he'll fold a LOT of hands (22-JJ (except 44 or 77 obv), AK, and possibly even KQ) that have me beat. My question is whether I should have raised the flop or just called, then bet the turn if he checks/fold if he bets. He had been extremely passive after the flop, and I doubt he would have fired another bet on the turn unless he had a big hand. But I also don't want to get priced out of my draw on the turn, so getting all the money in on flop doesn't seem too bad either.

Check_The_Nuts
11-17-2006, 12:44 AM
IMO preflop reraising is better than calling. He'll fold most of those hands preflop, and if he decides to play low pockets he's probably check/folding to any flop bet.

To me raising&gt;folding&gt;calling. I tend to get in trouble with one paired hands tho, and can't release them. Prehaps thats my real leak.

Postflop is fine....

Thrahl
11-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Reload PF
You played it fine I suppose. But with your stack I don't mind just calling in this spot. Since you are so short you don't have much fold equity which is the only real reason to raise his flop bet.

pwalsh21
11-17-2006, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reload PF
You played it fine I suppose. But with your stack I don't mind just calling in this spot. Since you are so short you don't have much fold equity which is the only real reason to raise his flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually start every session with $30. Don't know why, but always felt I've played better starting with a shorter stack and it makes some decisions easier. Is this a mistake?

blackize
11-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Well if it keeps you from donking around too much early on without reads then it could be a good thing. But if you play reasonably well to start a session readless then I think it is just limiting what you can make when you stack someone.