PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the swing of things

avfletch
11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi all, hope you haven't missed me too much. Just getting back into the swing of things and wondering about a few hands. Probably pretty standard but I'm rusty /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($10.70)
MP ($20.20)
CO ($26.70)
Hero ($27.95)
SB ($21.70)
BB ($36.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1, MP calls $1.

Turn: ($4.10) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.10) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $5.10

Thoughts on all streets please.

chanchuan
11-16-2006, 07:06 PM
On this flop you're trying to semi-bluff your middle pair with a bad kicker into 3 limpers? Seems risky to me, and probably -EV at these stakes (not that I play any higher stakes though /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Sorry, 2 limpers and BB

avfletch
11-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm in position and they all checked. Could very well have the best hand here. Its a pretty nothing board.

BrunoThePug
11-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I like the flop bet as no one has shown much aggression.

Why not put out another bet on the turn when checked to? I'd think that anyone with a K would have bet in that spot. Do you want to give a free card here to people who seem to be on a draw?

Eh, given the fact that it seems like these people are on a draw and then a card comes that helps a lot of people, AND the seemingly weak bet I don't know that raising here is a good idea, but that line might be too weak.

BrunoThePug
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On this flop you're trying to semi-bluff your middle pair with a bad kicker into 3 limpers? Seems risky to me, and probably -EV at these stakes (not that I play any higher stakes though /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Sorry, 2 limpers and BB

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really a semi-bluff though is it? It seems like OP is betting what OP thinks is the best hand.

chanchuan
11-16-2006, 07:21 PM
It's just that I believe there are many better spots to risk your 4 BB and all the future betting for your small pair with so many overcards to come and 3 players who might have any of those overcards in any configuration + your lucky 4 might not have hit.

I mean: what calls you on this flop that you beat? The pot is small and you risk making some calling station holding K2o and calling you down lucky. Or any other overcard.

Just some thoughts.

ghostface
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
i think its perfect.

avfletch
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't expect to get calls from worse hands (except maybe the draws ... suggesting I should've bet the turn maybe) but if I check they've probably got 6 overcards between them.

Antinome
11-16-2006, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think its perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

carnivalhobo
11-16-2006, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in position and they all checked. Could very well have the best hand here. Its a pretty nothing board.

[/ QUOTE ]

the board is nothing in the sense it doesnt have any broadway cards but it is very coordinated and all of these guys check call draws. I wouldnt lead this flop in general.

FiReSiStAnT
11-16-2006, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think its perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea im fine with it too

pokerchap
11-16-2006, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the board is nothing in the sense it doesnt have any broadway cards but it is very coordinated and all of these guys check call draws. I wouldnt lead this flop in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the opposite of a nothing board? SD's and FD's that are very very likely at these stakes

punter11235
11-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi,

Raising preflop makes sense but call is obviously ok too.
Flop bet is ok - standard.
I raise-fold the river though. I think you are missing too much value by calling.

Best wishes

Check_The_Nuts
11-16-2006, 11:48 PM
I raise preflop too. Betting out that hand into 4 players is probably neutral EV.

Sir Winalot
11-17-2006, 08:12 AM
I would check behind on the flop.

Jouster777
11-17-2006, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the opposite of a nothing board? SD's and FD's that are very very likely at these stakes

[/ QUOTE ]
If we KNEW they were ALL on draws then we would bet out for sure. Even if we don't expect them to fold with a SD/FD and if we expect to give them a free card on a turn blank. While it is EV+ for them, it is even more EV+ for us. Suppose we are up against one drawer to a FD...in the above scenario the EV of every $1 that goes in would $.67 ours and $.33 theirs...so betting pumps our EV.

The problem in the OP's hand is that we may be betting against a weak T or strong 6 AND against a draw in which case we are in trouble.

Elandriel
11-17-2006, 09:15 AM
fold PF?

demon102
11-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Fold preflop if only 1 limper than raise preflop, most of the time here ur just giving away a blind and am not gonna make much money if u make a hand.