PDA

View Full Version : 50NL, got my set on the turn but the board looks scary...

turbojunge
11-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Just sat down...so no reads.
I'm not sure about the turn, should i bet out...

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $47.25
CO: $55.75
Button: $141.35
SB: $10.12
BB: $55.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.75, 3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.75, 3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3.22</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($13.19, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $9</font>, Hero ???

Results:
Final pot: $31.19

Fantam
11-16-2006, 04:07 PM
It looks unlikely that the flop would have helped either of your 2 opponents.

Your pair of 5's could still have been the best hand, and you picked up an inside straight draw.

So, I would have made a continuation bet on the flop of about half the pot, say $3.

That might have won the pot straight away, and you can re-evaluate on the turn if someone calls.

I would also bet about half the pot on the turn, as I would not have expected your opponents to call your preflop raise with many hands that had a 6.

I think that the above approach is probably better than checking and calling on the flop and turn.

That possibly encouraged the button to bet and put you in a tough spot when the Ace fell on the river.

As played, I would call the river bet, as your set could still be the best hand.

gimmetheloot
11-16-2006, 04:10 PM
bet flop, snapcall river.