PDA

View Full Version : $25NL Flopped nut straight with flush draw on board,what next?

codeblue
11-16-2006, 12:21 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($18.90)
SB ($16.30)
Hero ($27.75)
UTG ($38.50)
MP ($18.55)
CO ($25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG calls $1.75, Button calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, UTG calls $7, Button folds, SB calls $6.

Turn: ($29) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.25</font>

What's my next move here when that third /images/graemlins/heart.gif hits also pairing the board?? Im not worried at all here about the SB and his tiny bets but with UTG still left to act,Should I be cautious or do I fire another reraise?? Should I have raised more or pushed on the flop maybe?

degenrat
11-16-2006, 12:24 PM
worst card in the world for you. and such a small bet on the turn. this guys is milking you. it's gross. but if you don't fold the turn you will certainly have to fold the river. i think i have to fold here and puke in my mouth. calling the small bet now will lead to a bigger, uncallable river bet imo.

Pavan
11-16-2006, 12:28 PM
You cant fold to a $3 bet into a $29 pot. Try and keep the pot small by caliing. If you get re-raised by UTG, you can fold then.

crookdimwit
11-16-2006, 01:00 PM
One of those worst-case-scenario cards... I like how you played this hand. But that turn card just looks like the work of vengeful poker Gods to me...

It's possible you're still ahead of trip queens or two pair here, but the suspiciously small turn bet makes me very nervous. If he doesn't have the flush, but just a strong hand, wouldn't he bet more? If he had two pair, I'd be surprised to see this bet, since he should be scared of both he straight and flush draws. I'd expect either a check or a bigger bet designed to take away good odds. Maybe he's equally spooked by that turn card and is making a weak "probe bet"...?

Still, I call here. If he's trapping, perhaps he checks the river and hopes to sucker you in again. I'd fold to any significant river bet here, and THEN you can proceed with the in-mouth vomiting.

Panthro
11-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Flop is goot. Raising that turn would be spew; I probably make a crying call on the turn, and fold to his river push.

Antinome
11-16-2006, 02:18 PM
I might minraise him for giggles and a possible free showdown.

ajmargarine
11-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Make it $3 to go preflop.

As played, make it $9 to go on the flop.

As played, I call the turn bet. There is still one to act behind you. Call, see what he does. There is a small, tiny, teensy glimmer of hope yet in the hand, and that's really all you need getting about 11:1. I wouldn't put much more $$$ in the middle though.

chigger
11-16-2006, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is goot. Raising that turn would be spew; I probably make a crying call on the turn, and fold to his river push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his small bet is either trying to squeeze out a call or he is worried about a higher flush and doesn't want to commit just yet.

Fantam
11-16-2006, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a little bit curious about this advice.

I am more of a limit than a NL player, but have recently been re-reading the Harrington books and playing some NL.

Getting immediate pot odds of 5:1, I would have called SB's small preflop raise with KJo.

However, I did not realise that KJo was strong enough to put in a decent re-raise with the 2 early position limpers still to act.

Is this an example of a squeeze play against not just 1, but 2 players ?

Big Poppa Smurf
11-16-2006, 05:15 PM
i wouldn't think that re-raising kjo here is a good play

orange
11-16-2006, 05:19 PM
I would call the turn donk and see what he does on the river. I would also bet a bit more on previous streets. (though I think PF is a bit spewy...KJo isn't a great reraising hand).

Bowlboy
11-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Against 3 other players on this flop im going bigger than pot with my reraise. I like to push here. Donkies at 25NL will call with TPTK, top2, sets, and flush draws. You have the absolute nuts, and are a big favorite to win this hand, but you need to really protect your hand and push your equity here. There is the flush draw, and one or 2 players may also have a gutshot draw. There are 6 Jacks and Kings out there that will almost certainly force you to split YOUR pot with a donkey.

Sometimes you will get outdrawn here, but I bet that you get called often enough to justify.

ajmargarine
11-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Fant, I guess what I meant to say was IF you are reraising this, make it for a bit more. I agree, it's not that great a hand to reraise with.

Fantam
11-16-2006, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fant, I guess what I meant to say was IF you are reraising this, make it for a bit more. I agree, it's not that great a hand to reraise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou, this makes sense.

If you decide to make a decent size reraise, you might then isolate the SB and gain position on him for the rest of the hand.

pokerchap
11-16-2006, 09:43 PM
you have to call here man.

codeblue
11-17-2006, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

As played, make it $9 to go on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping to take this pot down preflop or at least on the flop....so I agree 100%....I just switched from limit ...so im sure i have a leak in my bet sizes....I know i am fairly close...but not perfect,thats why im here. thanks for your advice can you tell me what would be the standard X's amount? preflop i figured 3X + each limper.......or on the other streets......3/4 to pot .... do you think my opponents would have folded to $3 or $9 here?

codeblue
11-17-2006, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is to you and the other people who are not fans of KJo ......did I mention this is 6 max?? if not, does everyone think raising an UTG limper and a SB min-raiser with KJ offsuit is a bad thing??? I hate min raisers.... and love to punish limpers....but please....tell me why i am wrong here......I figured i had the best hand with a limper and a min-raiser (that i had a read on)...which i did preflop.

Like i said...i just switched from full ring limit...so school me why i suck if thats the case /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Everyones advice has made sense so far. /images/graemlins/cool.gif thanks guys