PDA

View Full Version : $25 NL: Rockets face resistance, now what?

crookdimwit
11-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Table has been very passive overall. I've been playing tight, but I've raised the button and cutoff pretty regularly and often that's shut down all action or cleared out most opponents. C-Bets have ends most hands, too.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

BB ($24.70)
UTG ($36.60)
UTG+1 ($38.90)
MP1 ($38.10)
MP2 ($23.50)
CO ($24.25)
Button ($24.65)
Hero ($43.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.40,

[Normally, I'd re-raise here, but the two players left in the hand have been VERY tight and I'm pretty sure and solid raise will end the hand, so I just complete]

<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.25) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button calls $5.

Turn: ($17.25) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

kabouter
11-16-2006, 08:54 AM
I would have raised it up preflop, if he folds that is too bad. Besides that could this 2xbb raise mean he has a high pocket pair? (JJ/QQ/KK?) Otherwise he probably has trips, I wouldn't put him on a flush draw, cause why would he reraise you? Maybe to see if you are bluffing?

This is a tough call, but I would just push
him at the flop, or fold. It is 50/50, but I wouldn't put myself in a situation like this because I would have reraised him preflop.

I had the exact same thing today, I raised 4xbb with pocket 8's, and the BB reraised me preflop and put another 2xbb on top of that (Which offcourse I called).
Flop comes almost the same as yours (at least with an 8), BB makes a pot sized bet, I reraise him he goes allin and shows AA. A decent reraise preflop would probably have telled you more about his cards.

ChipStorm
11-16-2006, 10:31 AM
If players to your left are very tight, the answer is NOT to flat call a pfr w/ AA, the answer is to raise/3-bet more hands pf. Not reraising your AA from SB is a mistake; you are allowing opponents to play perfectly in seeing a free flop with a chance to outdraw you.

Flop looks OK. He can't put you on AA because you didn't reraise pf. Your lead is good; reraise looks ok as you're still well ahead of his range here. But what do you do if he pushes to your reraise? Call or fold?

Turn, good card for you. In addition to being on lots of straight/flush draws that missed, villain could also be on 43 and just got counterfeited. Villain has ~$16 left; a bet big enough to price draws fully commits you both, you're well ahead of his range, and that includes lots of draws, so just stick it in.