PDA

View Full Version : 10NL: Aces on a paired board

Epple
11-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Did i misplay this hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($20.60)
Button ($13)
Hero ($6.40)
BB ($10.95)
UTG ($9.60)
MP ($2.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.90) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, CO calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.90) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, CO calls $1.50.

River: ($4.90) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2 (All-In).

Final Pot: $12.90

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Ac (two pair, aces and kings).
CO has Kh 7h (full house, kings full of sixes).
Outcome: CO wins $12.90. </font>

siwicki
11-15-2006, 11:34 PM
ur raise pf should be higher

Supwithbates
11-15-2006, 11:41 PM
anytime a high card pairs on the flop and you've raised preflop, there's a chance that your opponent hit trips and you're drawing to 2 outs. THis creates a WA/WB situation adn you shouldn't be trying to build a pot.
I check/call reasonable bet on the flop. If you're not able to keep the pot small, just fold, unless you've got a read that he'd be trying to build a pot with QQ here, it's best to exercise pot control.

That being said, don't post results.

As played, your river bet is atrocious.

checkmate36
11-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Try to keep your stack topped off in case you flop a huge hand you don't want to be all in before the showdown.

Would betting the pot be wrong on this hand? I would have probably bet almost the full pot since I raised pre-flop, villians will think I have a K (AK).

Panthro
11-16-2006, 12:10 AM
c/f river. Unless he's a chronic bluffer, he's not betting or raising unless he's full (or possibly rivered the flush? lol)

Check_The_Nuts
11-16-2006, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try to keep your stack topped off in case you flop a huge hand you don't want to be all in before the showdown.

Would betting the pot be wrong on this hand? I would have probably bet almost the full pot since I raised pre-flop, villians will think I have a K (AK).

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. Why are you bluffing?

I rate the bets as: flop - good, turn -marginal, river - ugly. I think bet flop bet turn check river is ok. I'd bet turn smallish (half pot). I'd always check river after betting flop and turn.

CaptVimes
11-16-2006, 11:33 AM
*Grunch*

A few things.

Standard preflop bet is 4xbb+1bb per limper, not that big a deal here.

Flop: With two K's flopping you want to play this one fast. I would bet the pot on this one. His calling of a pot size bet usually means he's slow playing you. Your small bet actually gives him pretty good odds to continue even if all he has is a flush draw. If you bet the pot here and he calls you can be pretty sure he has a hand, either something with a K or a set of twos and you can get away from this easier.

Turn: I would check/call a reasonable bet. Villain calling that flop likely means we are toast, but because you didn't bet enough on the flop we are not sure. Time for pot control.

River: flush now came home which is the only thing he could be reasonably drawing to. This is a check/fold. The only things he's calling here is going to beat you.

I know Aces are wonderful things but you can't be blinded by them. They are not invincible. Reads would be helpful on your opponent, and don't post the results or tip off the results in your post.

Check_The_Nuts
11-16-2006, 11:45 AM
uh what? probably behindon turn? probably ahead on turn. Villian calls with any king, any pair 88++ (maybe even worse), any flush draw. At 10NL your ahead quite a bit.

I think you can profitably bet that turn at 10NL. I don't think this is true at 25NL tho (from what I can tell so far).

I agree, reads would help. Against some guys I'd be checking this turn for pure pot control, against others I'd be betting because their stupid.