PDA

View Full Version : Player define rules

lewfather
11-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Can someone please point me in the direction of some micro-stake player rules I can import?

checkmate36
11-15-2006, 09:32 PM
These are the rules (http://www.andymcnish.btinternet.co.uk/newauto.htm) that are linked to on pokertracker.com in the forum.

I like them but other rules may be more popular around here.

carnivalhobo
11-15-2006, 10:44 PM
i wouldnt use these FWIW, they are a crutch and you need to learn to interpret stats on your own, an icon is too simple.

gir
11-16-2006, 12:13 AM
I use the numbers that go next to the icon...The icon just makes it easier for cataloging villains. I'm going to snatch the 6-max rules though if they're different from what I have...These seem more educated.

6-max rules from the link within a link?: http://www.bet-the-pot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4082

carnivalhobo
11-16-2006, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I use the numbers that go next to the icon...The icon just makes it easier for cataloging villains.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i would caution you against, I used to use them, and no longer do. The arent sufficient as the play of villains within each of those stat catagories can be very different.

gir
11-16-2006, 01:45 AM
I can physically see the stats in game as well as the icon. I use the stats and my personal notes over the icon any day of the week. The icons are more for [censored] and giggles. By cataloging, I simply meant being able to scroll through my list and seeing how well each category played.

I don't actively seek out certain category types through search. Is that what you're advising me against or am I missing the point?

carnivalhobo
11-16-2006, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can physically see the stats in game as well as the icon. I use the stats and my personal notes over the icon any day of the week. The icons are more for [censored] and giggles. By cataloging, I simply meant being able to scroll through my list and seeing how well each category played.

I don't actively seek out certain category types through search. Is that what you're advising me against or am I missing the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

no im saying simply having the icons there makes you think incorrectly or make assumptions. you dont seem to think they are that helpful in game, so just try removing them from your hud.

gir
11-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Shall do, thanks.