PDA

View Full Version : NL 2 with Pocket Jacks

Mr_Pathetic
11-15-2006, 08:25 PM
What do you do on the river once you get there the way that I have in this hand? Do you go ahead and three barrel? It's obvious opponent has a queen or some kind of pair. I generally think this guy would reraise an A on the flop an espicially on the turn. I bet turn representing the ace. I get myself in these type of situations alot more then I should. Wouldn't it be nice if villian thought AK??? But we know they rarely do that here hahaha.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($3.05)
SB ($1.59)
BB ($4.77)
UTG ($2.67)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.21) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.61) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, BB calls $0.40.

River: ($1.41) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, hero...

canavarr
11-16-2006, 04:47 AM
it is always good in these kinds of situations to overbet for information. i would have either bet pot size on the river or about 1.3xpot. if he calls your big bet on the turn now you can check/fold him on the river.

Panthro
11-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Hero checks behind.

He's not folding a hand that beats you, and he's not calling with a busted flush draw.

Spanky1974
11-16-2006, 05:55 AM
Check behind. At these limits, you should normally only bet behind for value here, and you may be beaten by a queen. A fish at these limits isn't usually folding a queen. The value in $2NL is from betting the best hand and having some guy with Q7o call your raise and largish value bets here when you have AA,QQ or AQ.

kabouter
11-16-2006, 06:21 AM
I think you are beat here, he either has an ace or a queen, he rarely has a draw here. But raise more preflop, at these tables people will easily call a 10xbb raise.

And it's been said before but you shouldn't bluff at these levels, just play as a rock and pick up pots from time to time.

CaptVimes
11-16-2006, 08:19 AM
*Grunch*

I think this is a good hand to practice pot control on. I would have probably checked through the turn and called a reasonable bet on the river. Busted flush draws love to bluff this river. As played check behind the river. He's either going to fold or he has you crushed no sense in risking more of your money now.

Mr_Pathetic
11-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Well I of course did not check.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.54</font>, BB calls $0.54.

Final Pot: $2.49

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Qs 8d (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero has Jd Js (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: BB wins $2.49. </font>

In hindsight I believe a PSB on river would have folded him out.

Sir Winalot
11-16-2006, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In hindsight I believe a PSB on river would have folded him out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guess what, the answer is a big fat NO ! Stop trying to bluff at 2NL and value bet like hell when you have a real hand.

In the hand, I just give up after the flop call and c/f it down.

Check_The_Nuts
11-16-2006, 11:49 AM
so guy calls way too much, and you see this is evident by him calling with 3rd pair on a AAKQ board. Your solution is bluff more.

just trying to get you straight here.