PDA

View Full Version : FT Deep games

Shaddux
11-15-2006, 07:32 PM
First off, I haven't been in uNL lately, so I apologize if there are threads about this already...

I saw the 6-max deep games on FT about 2 days ago, but I didn't realize they went all the way down to microstakes (.15/.3 yay). Has anyone played in these? Is it more +EV to play these games?

I know there are a handful of strat threads here where both hero and villain are deep etc. But now that these games are around and (hopefully) a larger percentage of opponents will be playing deep, I thought it might be appropriate to start a thread where you all can discuss shifting strategy to the deep games.

Again, sorry if this has been discussed already.

Grunch
11-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I've dipped my toes in to the 0.40/0.80 deep games, and while I love the structure, right now they seem much tougher than the NL100 game. Sample size disclaimer however, I've only played maybe 500 hands there. There are a few fish, but they are always playing a 50 bb stack, so what's the point?

kolotoure
11-15-2006, 07:47 PM
People will shortstack these games and the only players who will buyin for the max will be solid players

Antinome
11-15-2006, 08:42 PM
It is also my experience that all the people who see the benefit of playing deep are better than average. I messed around in one or two, but I didn't find enough fish to be worth it.

Shaddux
11-15-2006, 10:45 PM
how disappointing. I was all excited about the new games lol

carnivalhobo
11-15-2006, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how disappointing. I was all excited about the new games lol

[/ QUOTE ]
\
i think they are soft FWIW, the only people i see playing them regualrly are fairly nitty and thats not something thats hard to deal with. They are probably tougher than the nl50 game, but on par or softer than 100 if i had to guess.

jmussina
11-16-2006, 02:14 AM
I played in the .15/.3 some last night and they were pretty good. Had a LAG on the one who kept the action flowing, while the other two tables I was on were decent enough. But as others have said the solid players will buy in for the Max, while the fishier players will buy in for a shorter amount. I don't see a whole lot of value in them unless you find a few bad players with big stacks on them, otherwise you'll probably be playing in a tougher game than NL50 or NL100.