PDA

View Full Version : 98o river decision

HitNRunPoster
11-15-2006, 02:10 PM
AFAIK this guy seemed a little tight, but there's been a lot of minraising and limping in this game. It's weird. I've been very active, but recently I've shown down a big hand, although I did it after an iso raise with jto. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

6-handed.

Folded to CO who minraises, I reraise to 7.5bb (PSRR) otb, folded to him and he calls. He has 60bb and I cover, preflop.

Hero: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Pot 16.5 bb.

co checks, hero bets 7.5bb, co calls.

Turn (46.5bb): 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

co checks, hero checks.

River: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

co bets 15bb (1/3 pot), hero calls.

========================

* I think I maybe should have bet more on the flop. I tend to bet quite small after reraising, but normally I would bet almost 2/3 of the pot. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

testaaja
11-15-2006, 02:24 PM
I would fold this pf against a shortie like that and probably against a bigger stack too. Suited I would call and play some pokaar. I don't want to bloat the pot with a garbage hand like this, in position or not.

Yeah you should have bet more on flop, a full pot. I think that he has you beat on that river. It looks very much like a valuebet to me. By betting so small on that flop it is very hard to play this hand. You basically just bloat the pot more on the flop, by minraising pf he seems like a dork and will probably call with ANYTHING thus leading into tough spots later on.

HitNRunPoster
11-15-2006, 08:29 PM
cool.

one more thing, how important is suitedness when you're reraising connected cards "heads-up"?