PDA

View Full Version : NL 2 Set with 3 flush flop

CaptVimes
11-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Sorry, I don't have this hand converted as I am at work, but this one has been bugging me. UTG has been rather laggy, in fact has raised 6 of the last 10 pots preflop, but only made to showdown once when he had KK. MP1 has just sat down and posted. Button has been at the table for less than an orbit, but won a big pot when he flopped a full house when he posted.

Ultimate Bet NL $2.00

Everyone has about the same stack size about 1.75-2.00, I think I had 1.85 at the time except button who has over $3.00.

Hero is dealt 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif In CO

Preflop: UTG Raise to .06, 2 folds, MP1 Calls, 2 folds, Hero Calls, Button, Calls, 2 Folds.

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif (Pot .25, 4 Players)

UTG checks, MP1 Checks, Hero bets .15, Button calls, 2 folds

<font color="blue"> I loved/hated this flop. The .15 bet is generally what I bet if the flop comes rainbow, if the flop had come with two spades instead of three I probably would have pushed to try and end it right there or at least price out the draws. At this point I figured the only people who would call would be chasing and would give up on the turn or who already had me crushed.</font>

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (Pot .52, 2 Players)

Hero bets .45, Button raises to $1.00, Hero Calls .55

<font color="blue">Ok, so here we go. I put out a bet thats gonna price out pretty much any draw and get repoppped. Barf. I called praying for the board to pair.</font>

River: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif (Pot 2.32, 2 Players)

Hero Checked, Button pushed, hero folded.

<font color="blue">Yeah, I know. I probably should have pushed this flop or bet closer to the pot size, but I was trying to control the pot with a scary board. Any help on any street on this one would be appreciated. Thanks, </font>

TJgniL
11-15-2006, 12:17 PM
I would lead for full pot on the flop. I think the turn bet and call look good. I would also C/F the river, I think he almost always has the flush here.

munkey
11-15-2006, 12:29 PM
I like the way you played it, though I would probably bet 0.20/.25 on flop whatever % that is.

On turn we have to call 0.55 to win ~ 2.75 (pot+opponents remaining stack) and we have 10outs to FH vs likely made flush so it's worth calling -if villan's range includes a 1 card fdraw/Aspades or an overrair more often than a normal villan then I may just shove the turn -though this is rare.

CaptVimes
11-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Munkey

Bump, evening crowd have an opinion?

Thanks,