arden street
11-15-2006, 05:44 AM
effective stacks 120BB
villian loose aggressivish (no numbers)

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.75, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $10</font>, BB folds, Hero ??

my turn bet was not big enough right? having made it what would you do from here?

if you would continue how would you play the river?

cheers

MattsTheMan
11-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Hmm I think more often than not TPTK is good in these levels. He could have KJ KT only cards i would be worried about here is KQ if he has a set there is not much u could do.

I think I would call Turn and if he is agro i would fire of a blocking type of bet on river around 6-7$ if he is somewhat weak I would check the river and reevaluate depending on his size of bet.

kolotoure
11-15-2006, 07:51 AM
I am folding this because I don't see even a LAGgy villain doing this with Kx without 2 pair

avfletch
11-15-2006, 08:57 AM
As you noted the vet size really is pretty small so you just don't know whether he's doing this because you look weak or because he has a hand.

Most often I think he'll have you beat though so I'd fold here.

LaMbaL
11-15-2006, 09:26 AM
I would fold here, he has you beat like 90% of the time. Check-calling the flop and check-raising the turn, he is likely to have KQ or 88. Fold and wait for a better opportunity.

At these levels people dont make this move because they think you're weak, they do it because they're strong.

arden street
11-15-2006, 09:34 AM
thanks for the input. had a feeling i might have been lucky.

i called the turn, villian pushed river and i called (if i was gonna call a river push should have pushed turn myself!? doh!)

villian showed ATo?!

reckon the times i play badly and win are probably outweighing the times i play well and lose??!

avfletch
11-15-2006, 09:48 AM
This is exactly why you need to make bigger turn bets. If you bet 3/4 pot or so its much less likely he'll make this kind of c/r move on you.