PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 Put myself in a bad situation

Tony Montana 22
11-15-2006, 03:09 AM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Villan is solid 16/8/2/ 100 hands

What I am thiking on the river is it's Very possible he has TT QQ 33 and that I put myself in this situation by calling the raise on the flop OOP vs a solid player that has shown strength.

What the Hell am I doing with this river bet??

Seat 5: Hero ($73.30 in chips)

Seat 8: BTN ($90.30 in chips)

Pre-flop: (9 players)

Hero is MP2 with
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

3 folds,Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif($4.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $2Button raises to $7.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($19.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $10 Button calls.

River: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif($39.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button is all-in $70.8 Hero ?

Panthro
11-15-2006, 03:32 AM
You hit it on the head...flop is a definate fold against a solid player.

The turn is a perfect time to CRAI. I he has a set/2 pair, he's betting again to protect his hand. If you think he's still on the come, then make a bigger bet on the turn.

River is tough. The only thing you beat is AsJs/Js9s, but I don't know if he's shoving with these hands.

PietM
11-15-2006, 03:32 AM
Please include stacksizes.

Your flop bet is too low. Make it $4, he could be raising because he smells weakness.

Bet more on the turn. $17 sounds right.

I'd put out a blocking bet here. Ofcourse it's possible he filled up on the river, but would he bet all-in in that case, instead of putting out a bet you can call?
The chance he has AA/KK/AK is just as big as QQ/TT/33. AQ or a spadedraw could also be possible (although he is pretty tight).

eigenvalue
11-15-2006, 04:15 AM
You should ask Yourself what the hell You did on the flop!

Your CB is a little thin, something between $3 or $4 would be better here. But Your call of his reraise is ridiculous.
Let's count Your outs. You have 4 to the straight. You can't count Your 3 aces and 3 kings as outs. A reraise indicates at least something like KQ+, much more likely two pair or a set. Calling his reraise OOP with 4+1 outs maybe 7+1 outs (+1 out for Your backdoor flush draw) at best is a very bad call against the odds.

The river is an insta-fold.

Sir Winalot
11-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Pot turn, folding river is probably good.