PDA

View Full Version : Review of some hands from PT AKo biggest loosing hand

MattsTheMan
11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi, I just want to review some hands from PT. I found out that AKo is my biggest loosing hand its only over 8K hands but still it’s strange that AKo is the biggest loosing hand... Ill post some AKo hands and it would be very nice to get some comments about them /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

In general at this stake were I am currently playing 0.10/0.25 my theory is that more often than not TPTK is the best hand there are ofcause diffrent situations but still...

Ok. hand 1

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14.40
UTG+1: $7.05
CO: $23.40
Button: $26.95
SB: $21.80
Hero: $28.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.5</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.1</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $26.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $16.85</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.25 returned to Hero.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($54.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $54.5)

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($54.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $54.5)

Results:
Final pot: $54.5

In this hand I were putting vilain on a flush draw or a weaker A so I just pushed all in dont know if thats right or wrong though. Comments?

Hand 2:

Full Tilt Poker
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.25
UTG+1: $23.50
Hero: $21.80
Button: $27.80
SB: $12.30
BB: $19.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($14.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $20.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $7.8</font>.
Uncalled bets: $6 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $43.95

I dont know if i should call or fold on river mabye fold?

The other AK loosing hands were just some bad bluffs so not much to post about :-) PT/100 is 6.99 so its pretty ok but i want it to be better ofcause :-) Any comments or criticism would be higly appreciated.

Gravy
11-14-2006, 10:18 PM
NINJA EDIT Reraise bigger pre in hand 1, prob to $3 or $3.25.

Check turn in hand 2 and play a smaller pot, fold to a huge bet but otherwise get to showdown.

Marshall28
11-14-2006, 10:25 PM
i might have check called the river on hand 2 ... only because he called the flop w/ no possible draw on board, meaning he has to haev either a weaker A, a PP or an 8. probably PP is least likely ... so the turn obviously didnt improve him, and he just calls again ... at this point id start to get a little suspicious and think that he might be trying to slowplay the 8 ... either way, i dont think the value you are getting from him calling w/ a weaker A is worth the trouble you run into if he re-raises u river. for these reasons id check call river.

first hand is fine.

Dennisa
11-14-2006, 10:43 PM
AK with an ace is still only a 1 pair hand. I love to call my small pairs against raises. We you get someone playing with you expect to see that set often. The best case is a 9 out flush draw with the mini raise on the button. With the pfr and the mini raise onthe button, it looks like you are playing for stacks, Im not very happy with it with AK.

After many years, expect to win some small pots tie and loose in the big pots. It is a tough hand to play.

I also do not like 3 betting it oop. When you 3 bet, you make hands like AQ/AJ/AT reasons to fold. Those are the hands that AK makes medium and big pots against and for the most part win against.

3 betting all in against a short stack is also profitable.

Panthro
11-14-2006, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NINJA EDIT Reraise bigger pre in hand 1, prob to $3 or $3.25.

Check turn in hand 2 and play a smaller pot, fold to a huge bet but otherwise get to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

mbz111
11-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Out of 8K hands, what do your stats look like for AKs compared to AKo? Maybe you're just overplaying it. Are your opponents showing strength on the flop and you're chasing with just over cards? I mean, this is just 2 hands out of... how many?

2nd hand, you might be better with the check/call on the river, depending on his bet size and your read. He's flat calling you on the flop (no draws other than backdoor) and the turn, so I'd be a little worried in that spot.

MattsTheMan
11-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Hmm, First some response to Dennisa. This is 6max nl only Im not talking about any fullring game.

I really do Think that AKo or AKs is a reraise hand from any Position almost alwyas. Well mabybe not under some real special situation when two players are all in preflop when its screams AA against KK then its a clear fold.

Lets Say U raise with PP pot to 0.85 or 1 I do reraise Pot 2.9 or 3 something OOP with AK. Stack Size is 25 for each player and you can expect to hit a set about 10.775% of the times. Then it wil cost you about 30$ to go in with your PP(to get that Set) if you call a 3Bet /pot reraise and if you stack somebody you can mabye expect to get 25$ a full buyin its depending on stacksizes ofcause but on average.

So in Long term im pretty sure its a EV- play.

And the other is that I want to put pressure on my opponents and get them fustrated so they start to make mistakes.
I know some of the biggest leaks are to play to many Hands OOP and i think im really conservative OOP but not with AK...

And i also want to define my hand its hard to know where u are standing with AK and i think if you u 3 bet a pot raise you can most of the time take down the pot preflop.

I hope it makes sense what im trying to say im not the best one to put teories to words! /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

UM I need to edit something here I mean in A HU situation agains just one player..... If there are a few more players you get pot odds implied odds whatever to call with a Poket pair ofcause.

Mbz111:

yeah AKs looks a bit better they are +15 Ive not won any big pot with them and i have not lost any big pot.....

eigenvalue
11-15-2006, 04:31 AM
I don't play on FullTilt. But at UB at these stakes in a reraised pot, TPTK usually is NOT THE BEST HAND!

MattsTheMan
11-15-2006, 05:48 AM
Eigen: I do play at UB also I think players are a bit more Weak tight at Full Tilt so if u are a good LAG u can exploit it pretty well on UB Players are a bit more agro quite a few are over agro i guess because of the fast software. But anyway this is a pot i played at UB somedays ago A high with K kicker figured to be best hand. Tried to isolate the shortstack and make a huge bet to get Vilain to fold but it didnt work out and then i was pot comitted. Well it has maby not anything to do with this tread but i just wanted to respond to u Eigen.....

Ultimate Bet
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $6.05
Hero: $29.95
Button: $108.50
SB: $28.90
BB: $29.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10.2</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $6.05</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.6 returned to UTG.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($31.3, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $31.3)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $17</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($65.3, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $31.3, Sidepot 1: $34)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $3.85</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $3.15</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.7 returned to Hero.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($71.6, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $31.3, Sidepot 1: $40.3)

Results:
Final pot: $71.6
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Ks Ac</font>
<font color="#ffffff">BB shows Qd Ad</font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG shows Qs Qc</font>

TyFuji
11-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Hand 1 looks okay, I might consider calling and reevaluating the turn since it is unlikely he has a draw (25NL fish aren't exactly masters of the semibluff). I think if you're going to push flop, you scare away the hands you want to call you (AJ/AQ/QQ/JJ, etc.) If he has A7/A5 or a set you're gonna get stacked either way, and letting a turn hit gives him a chance to think he's ahead when he's not.

Hand 2 is a tougher one, the fact that he cold-calls your flop bet on that board is quite scary. I think I would check the turn and see what he does, if he has Ax or a PP he will likely check trying to see a cheap showdown while if he has an 8 he will likely bet out trying to get value (or perhaps this assumption is totally off base). As played, I check/call the river.

Dennisa
11-15-2006, 12:29 PM
In you calc, you are ignoring the times AK misses and the PP floats to take away the pot. AK only hits TPTK once out of 3 hands. OOP how many shots are you going to take and how willing are you playing for stacks OOP.

I just started with 6 max for the last 2 weeks. I do have 4 years with Full ring games and have never done well overplaying AK. YMMV, just throwing my 2 cents in.