PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Flush in Unraised Pot; Bet Sizes?

Roadstar
11-14-2006, 07:22 PM
50NL 6 max

Effective stacks ~$85

Villain - a little loose preflop, little passive postflop, haven't seen tricky stuff from him but hes not stupid (isn't going to stack off with Top Pair)

Preflop - Hero gets 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in BB

MP limps, Villains (SB) completes, Hero checks

Flop - A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP folds, SB calls.
- standard PSB

Turn - 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, SB calls
- slightly pot overbet, I want to make it look like I'm protecting against the flush with 1 pair/2pair etc. SB calls so I'd assume it must cross his mind that I have a flush

River - 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero bets what?

Because of this unraised pot I really had trouble getting most of my chips in the middle. Should I push here or am I only called by a flush here? How about a PSB? or something like $20? can I fold to a CRAI?

Ideally I'd like to size this to get called by 2pair/set etc.

Thoughts?

UncleKraut
11-14-2006, 07:39 PM
I bet 2/3 of the pot. I don't think he's calling a push here.

Also, you give yourself room to fold if he pushes. Lately when people have called my overbets when I have a weak flush on the flop or turn, they usually showed me the nut flush.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 08:03 PM
bet whatever you think he can call, i doubt very much that he would check this river with a higher flush

i think you could conceivably bet anywhere from 1/3-2/3 here; 1/2 pot is probably best as he can't really fold a hand like tp there in case you are bluffing a busted draw

Roadstar
11-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I bet $20, villain calls and shows 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, MHIG

Thanks for the responses, I think what I learned from your responses is that either villain has a 1 pair, 2 pair type hand or he has a flush.

If its the former, then 1/2-2/3 PSB is best value. If its the latter, then its probably even closer to a push.

Since, 1 to 2 pair hands are probably a lot more likely vs another flush, 1/2-2/3 PSB is most +EV. Actually in hindsight my bet was probably the worst of both worlds, if villain had a mediocre hand he folds, if he had flush (lower) he'd call more than $20. So if I thought he had a flush (and likely lower), I should push? Although its unlikely I'd have that strong of a read...

comments?