PDA

View Full Version : When the going gets tough -- fight dirty.

meleader2
11-14-2006, 04:46 PM
So they want to take away poker but keep state lotteries and horse racing? Ok.

What can one do after all other options have been exhausted? I say, super glue in the coin slots of the lottery machines. Jam up the dollar slots. Do anything in your power to put a dent in this market.

And it IS a market. Someone in another post said the gov't thinks only a small profit is made from lotteries/horse racing because it is what people do for fun on the weekend. This is clearly wrong. Something needs to be done.

This is war.

ChexNFX
11-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I like your style sir.

vinyard
11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And it IS a market. Someone in another post said the gov't thinks only a small profit is made from lotteries/horse racing because it is what people do for fun on the weekend. This is clearly wrong. Something needs to be done.

[/ QUOTE ] Whomever wrote that in the other post is ignorant of the facts. Politicians on both sides of the aisle are acutely aware of how necessary lottery "revenue" has become in the vast majority of states. The dollar amounts, both projected and actual are in the budgets themselves. That's one of the reasons they explicitly protected lotteries despite them being raked at an incredibly high rate and having absolutley no protections for overindulgence.

As for the rest of your post. No, this is not war. The UIGEA is a minor inconvenience that may or may no affect any of us long term in any way going forward. War, well, war is different.

autobet
11-14-2006, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I say, super glue in the coin slots of the lottery machines. Jam up the dollar slots.

[/ QUOTE ] http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/606/606_image_01.jpg

Knives_Out
11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I say, super glue in the coin slots of the lottery machines. Jam up the dollar slots.

[/ QUOTE ] http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/606/606_image_01.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

NH