PDA

View Full Version : NL25 6max, flopped my set, getting value out.

Kerosity
11-14-2006, 01:24 PM
No read on my opponent, he made some very loose calls with Mid pair, but it was only his 6-7th hand at the table so I didnt play him by read to much.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $27.15
CO: $26
Hero: $27.35
SB: $21.50
BB: $25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($20, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: $9 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $20

Here's my situation/question. With the common NL25 donk, when he's drawing to a Flush draw, he would just call (typically). Now.. I assumed he had KQ/AK or maybe Kx for a 2 pair. But.. When the flush card came, I had a thought "I can't let him see the turn for free, assuming its another diamond and I let him out draw me" So assuming that I could have put him on KQ/AK with one of the diamond kickers. But even with that in mind.. How much do I bet the turn? Because I want to get value out of my set, and we don't know exactly if he will even draw to the one diamond flush, OR if he even has it.. Would he assume I have the flush? So I guess my question here is, do I bet ENOUGH to pot commit him on the river... or do I bet as I did, trying to get value out of TPTK with the flush draw..

OH... and my Re-reraise on the Flop was Mis calculated.. I shoulda raised it to like 11-12$.. that was my mistake.. I suck at calculating re-reraises hahaha.

redCashion
11-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I tend to bet at least 2/3 pot on all streets, even in situations like this where I might be throwing money into a made hand. Having said that, I don't think there is anything wrong with your bet amount. Some players bet progressively less vs the pot on all streets, I would just make sure you are staying consistant as to not give off too much info.

Waingro
11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Not much you can do on the turn, IŽd probably bet more rather than less myself if I decide to bet, villain only has $15.5 left so IŽd just push. Since you think it is unlikely he has a made flush you have to bet.

Like you said, it was the flop you messed up. A pot-sized raise is $18 so why not just push it in? Before the board gets scary to our villain? Min3bet canŽt be good here.

Phytopath
11-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't really like the flop play, he min-raised you and then you basically min-re-raised him? Anyway that play made it look like you had a monster, which you have and let your opponent if semi-competent get away from the hand. Your weak turn lead also smells like you are begging for a call. If he had AK you probably could have gotten him all in on the flop, but as played you basically telegraphed your hand.

Kerosity
11-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm not saying I'm afraid of the flush here, im saying in the thoughts of HIM being afraid of the flush in this spot. If he has the flush, im pretty much going broke here.. and like I said, I miscalculated my flop Re-reraise.

-edit- And oh- I didnt realize the pot was that big.. I kept replaying it in my head, and I kept thinking the pot was just 16$ or so, so my 9$ bet wasnt that bad.. If I replayed that id definetly push the turn.

CaptUnlucky
11-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Pushing the flop is better than a smaller bet I think. It makes your hand look weaker.
Also, if you think he'd only call with a FD, why not just call and go for a turn CR?

As played, the turn bet really screams call, but given the read, I think it's alright.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 03:28 PM
shove the flop after he minraises, if you don't shove there, shove the turn a lot, sometimes check behind to induce bluffs on the river