PDA

View Full Version : TT vs unknown raiser on Axx gets floated after pfrr (50 6m)

HitNRunPoster
11-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Unknown raises in MP (6-max full stacks). Folded to me and I reraise to 6bb from the BB with TT. He calls.

Flop A96 rainbow. I bet 2/3 and he calls.

What's my plan for the turn?

CrustyFace
11-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Check it down.

HitNRunPoster
11-14-2006, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's half the battle. What if he bets?

CrustyFace
11-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Well there are two options really, play it aggressively and fire again on the turn, if you get action here, check the river down if possible. Or check it down preparing to concede the pot.

It depends on the type of player here.

Jouster777
11-14-2006, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well there are two options really, play it aggressively and fire again on the turn, if you get action here, check the river down if possible. Or check it down preparing to concede the pot.

It depends on the type of player here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree those are the options, unfortunately both those options suck. I like to call TT PF when OOP then if the flop misses me check raise the flop cbet when there is one or zero overcards. That should tell you where you are, is good for metagame, folds JJ-KK, and if you are really lucky could even fold a weak A.

HitNRunPoster
11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
nice location, btw

In my first thread, everyone (I think 2 people) said that TT was a reraise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, the flop plan sounds good. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Is this flop plan the same with 22, or do you save it for jj-99?

Jouster777
11-14-2006, 02:41 PM
I think more people tend to reraise TT here to keep the initiative. I just prefer to retake the initiative on the flop rather than preflop with what I think is better FE and a better defined hand when a decent flop hits. I've only recently started doing this when in the blinds so I'll have to see how it works out.

As for doing this with 22...in general I play PPs as if I'm ahead when a single overcard (or no overcard) hits so no, can't do this with 22.

redCashion
11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I think a third option which I will do occasionally if I really think a guy is floating me too aggressively is to check/raise him on a turn with a hand like this. This serves a couple of purposes:

1. It's such a strong move that you might take him off a better hand.

2. You might have the better hand anyway, and so will take it down easily.

2. It really sends a message that you won't be easy to float against.

Jigsaws
11-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Just check-fold. Why do you think you're being floated by an unknown in a reraised pot?

wingchunflush
11-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I raise preflop with the 10's as well. I like the bet on the flop, but probably c/f on the turn.