PDA

View Full Version : Fullhouse

grizadams
11-14-2006, 10:28 AM
How could I have gotten more value out of this hand?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.4, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.3</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.3, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.3</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.2, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.8</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $3.8

fabadam
11-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Include stack sizes when you use the hand converter.

To get value, you have to get some money into the pot. The only way to do that is to bet.
Raise the flop to $0.7. Then bet or raise about the pot at the turn, hoping someone hit trips Ts.
At the river, push all-in or, alternatively, make the largest raise you guess they will call.
If you're lucky, trip Ts or a weird straight (KJ) will call.

Sir Winalot
11-14-2006, 10:47 AM
I sometimes raise this preflop but calling is ok too. Raise flop, raise turn, bet more on river.

eigenvalue
11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
By going all-in on the flop!

In these limits, more often than not people will call You with any draw and with any T. Sometimes, You get a bad beat, sometimes, You'll find no caller, but once again: Most of the times, there will be a caller.

In these limits, You are not sitting at the table to win something like $1 or $2 or whatever, You are sitting there to play for Your entire stack as often as possible with a reasonable hand. As soon as You hit a great hand, move all-in and hope the best to get a caller so that You can play for Your entire stack.

Some Examples: I went all-in with AA to JJ preflop every time and found callers with: 76s, A4s, 55, whatever. With a set on the flop, I remember one time when someone called me with a Q high hand without any possible draw. You will find lots of callers with gutshot draws only. So never try to extract money step by step, but shove as soon as You hit.

clownslayer2
11-14-2006, 11:26 AM
bet the turn more, pot it at least. It is obvious he either has a 10 or a flush draw, and he wont let either one go until the river. also when you post dont show final results, it changes the thinking of future posters thus not getting the best advice

clownslayer2
11-14-2006, 11:27 AM
bet more on river too...if he has a flush draw hes folding to any bet, but if he has a ten he is calling anything. .8 into a 2.20 pot is crap, like eigenvalue was saying, get as much money in as possible.

Baintz
11-14-2006, 11:28 AM
eigenvalue, I think you give too little credit to the players at these stakes. Sure, there are some terrible players at these limits, and pushing is fine if you've seen some horrible calls at the table, but absent any reads I'm building the pot slowly to get my whole stack in.

Plenty of posters here play these limits, and they are plenty good enough not to call a push with just TP.

Also, these limits are great learning grounds before moving up. You learn nothing about playing a set if you just shove it every time. Build the pot and you'll get better at hand reading and pot control, something you'll need when you move up stakes,where less and less people will call a shove on the flop with less than a V strong hand.

pocketse7ens
11-14-2006, 12:09 PM
raise it pre-flop, you want to get paid off when your set hits.

Jouster777
11-14-2006, 12:23 PM
The most critical street to bet here was the flop.

Bet more on other streets. Preflop with 99 in BB...meh, call or raise

4_2_it
11-14-2006, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The most critical street to bet here was the flop.

Bet more on other streets. Preflop with 99 in BB...meh, call or raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Raise the flop, pot the turn, AI by the river.