PDA

View Full Version : TP vs TAG villain reraise

InfectorGadget
11-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Villain is 23/14/3.2 over 100 hands, pretty solid

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($11.90)
BB ($89.60)
Hero ($46.70)
MP ($67.35)
Button ($83.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, MP calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($8) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $12</font>, SB folds, Hero ...

I cant help but feel like this is to weak, but I havent got a big hand so that calls for a small pot, something villain doesnt agree on. So fold is the best option? I cant see any hands hell do this with that I beat. Set and AK would probably play like this, and KQ/KJ may be in his range, but it would be to expensive to find out...

PietM
11-14-2006, 03:27 AM
I would fold this sometimes pre-flop UTG. If you're called you're OOP with a easily dominated hand.

On the flop: make a real bet. Half-pot could mean you missed the flop and villain is trying to take it away. I would bet around $7 in this spot.

He could have anything here.

As played: just call and re-evaluate the turn.

Panthro
11-14-2006, 03:39 AM
PF is a bit loose, but what's done is done. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bet a bit more on the flop...I hate getting pushed off hands because villain's interpret my smallish bets as weakness.

As played, call and re-evaluate the turn. Honorable mention to folding.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this sometimes pre-flop UTG. If you're called you're OOP with a easily dominated hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i raise this utg in full ring games, raising here pf is fine.

given the board i would say fold to a raise here, but your 1/2 pot bet makes it super easy for villain to take a shot at you here

PietM
11-14-2006, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i raise this utg in full ring games, raising here pf is fine.

given the board i would say fold to a raise here, but your 1/2 pot bet makes it super easy for villain to take a shot at you here

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 1/2 pot bet is far worse than the PF play. I like to be very tight UTG.

Sir Winalot
11-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Grunch,

I sometimes just fold preflop. I'd lead flop for like 6-8. As played I fold.

Epple
11-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Easy fold against a TAG.

InfectorGadget
11-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Why bet 6-8 here? Its a pretty dry flop and not likely to have hit our opponent, so we arent looking for protection, Its pretty much WA/WB here (hope I finally found a hand were thats true =])

I could maybe bet a little more, like 5-6, but I feel that potting this isnt worth it. I agree that 4 seems weak, but I feel more than 6 vs a TAG isnt necessary. Thoughts?

Sir Winalot
11-14-2006, 09:29 AM
I bet 3/4-pot to full pot just because it's my standard and anything else would be weird.

Ben K
11-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Close to pot is what most flop bet sizes are when leading. Anything smaller that happens infrequently, stands out as odd and draws villains attention more. He then adds up the evidence and puts you on a c-bet from a low pp or AQ or other missed hand and bets either with a K or merely to push you out of the hand with rubbish or (o'course) a better hand.

From your reads, could you rule out him calling pf with AA, KK or AK? If you can then there are very few hands to fear which are K8, K4, 84 or trips. This makes the play a call most of the time or maybe a reraise if you had the read that he always slowplays trips which a lot do. Evaluate on the turn and see if he fires again and how much it is, etc.

As played, I would curse for not betting enough, then call most of the time folding other times depending on other reads available that aren't mentioned above.

InfectorGadget
11-14-2006, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From your reads, could you rule out him calling pf with AA, KK or AK? If you can then there are very few hands to fear which are K8, K4, 84 or trips. This makes the play a call most of the time or maybe a reraise if you had the read that he always slowplays trips which a lot do. Evaluate on the turn and see if he fires again and how much it is, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I think his range is pretty narrow, thats why I dont think this is a bluff, and thats why Im wondering what the best play would be. I can agree on betting a tad bit more, 5-6 maybe.

I dont think he does this without a good hand. A set is certainly in his range, as is AA/KK and AK and he may be trying to bluff me out. There are no draws out, so he has got to either have hit something or he is bluffing. So I think this is a WA/WB no?