PDA

View Full Version : 50NL (6max) - Jacks OOP

pwalsh21
11-14-2006, 01:06 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($54.50)
Button ($138.20)
SB ($48.25)
Hero ($31)
UTG ($52.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($10.25) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, Hero?

Based on only about 30 hands, villain is very tight and does not go to showdowns. Obviously my biggest mistake is not raising or betting, but I'm not sure when I should have done it. Should I have re-raised PF, raised the flop, or bet out on turn/river?

I didn't like the idea of re-raising PF because opponent would likely just call with QQ-AA, and if low cards flop, I'd have no idea what to do. I just called PF and planned to play very cautiously. I didn't raise the flop, figuring if he had AK or a smaller pair, he would slow down on the turn. I think my other mistake was not making a blocking bet on the river, but I thought he would likely check any hand that I have beat.

Any advice how to play this hand? As played, should I call the river bet? Thanks.

CaptUnlucky
11-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Preflop I probably raise, but a call is also ok.
Flop has to be raised here I think.
What is villain's range UTG? Does he raise AT, 55+, and sc's? I probably make it 9-10 on the flop and fold to a raise
As played, river call is fine.

orange
11-14-2006, 01:24 AM
RR pf i hate flat calling. JJ is a fine hand to RR here in this spot.

As played, youve really underrepped your hand. i would call the river.

but, almost 90% of the time, i would rr PF, bet the flop.