PDA

View Full Version : What do we think of this bluff?

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I can't remember any reads on villain and I don't remember if I had PA hud stats for him at the time or what they were,
does anyone know how to access player notes if that player isn't at the table?

At the time I did think there was a good chance he was making a move, it's like a perfect card to bluff at. so i raised. it also has the potential to fold out a much better hand

is this a move worth making given that limited information? my gut said raise so i just went with it.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50.10
UTG+1: $88.80
MP1: $41.85
MP2: $41.60
MP3: $54.90
Hero: $112.80
Button: $50.30
SB: $55.60
BB: $56

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $22</font>

redCashion
11-14-2006, 01:12 AM
I think reads are essential when making a bluff, so the fact that you didn't have a read on him alone is reason enough not to bluff him. And you'll often hear from folks on this board that bluffing at these limits is not necessary, which I agree with to an extent (though I do mix it up in some spots).

As for this board texture, I think bluffing at a one liner to a straight is a horrible place to bluff, all he needs is a jack to beat you. And with a board this coordinated, he is now potentially drawing to one of two flushes. And he could easily have two pair. In short, I can't think of a worse board to bluff on.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 01:32 AM
well my thinking was this would be a very tough spot for him to call without a jack. fwiw this is not standard at all for me, but like i said my gut just shouted raise

kongs
11-14-2006, 01:34 AM
He called the raise from the SB knowing he would be out of position the rest of the way. Then c/c'd and bet the turn. I don't see him laying this down unless you have reads on him.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 01:40 AM
well my thinking was that any real big draws (flush/straight) would probably give more action on the flop? also a jack donking here felt unlikely, as it basically guarantees i fold pretty much everything he's beating (unless of course i decide to bluff)

redCashion
11-14-2006, 02:20 AM
It's an easy spot to call in without a jack if you have a flush draw. And don't forget that some people will overvalue their two pair. As for whether a big draw would give more action on the flop, you don't have a read on the guy so I wouldn't make any assumptions on he would play a big draw.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's an easy spot to call in without a jack if you have a flush draw. And don't forget that some people will overvalue their two pair. As for whether a big draw would give more action on the flop, you don't have a read on the guy so I wouldn't make any assumptions on he would play a big draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i agree with these points, i just got a little overzealous here. fwiw he 3bet ai and i said something like "whoops"