PDA

View Full Version : (5NL) 6Max Am I spewing chips or is this a reasonable play?

JackA
11-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Very first hand at this table, although I had been watching these players for awhile and had a weak read on the SB. No read on CO since he sat down at the same time as me. SB seemed kind of loose and aggressive.

Am I just spewing chips or is it reasonable for me to try and get all my chips in the middle on this type of hand?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.45
UTG+1: $1.28
CO: $3
Button: $2.26
SB: $6.09
Hero: $5

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.08</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.98, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $5.79</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $4.7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $2.7</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.09 returned to SB.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 01:04 AM
i'm probably never folding this against an unknown

Ra_
11-14-2006, 01:10 AM
AA,KK,JJ are all in the possible ranges of your opponents and all beat you. I also would not be to suprised to see a 3 at these stakes

Your playing like 225bb deep. This can be a big advantage to a thinking player but can put you in bad shape in spots like this. Unless you;ve seen small blind way over value TP and get agrressive, or do crazy bluffs. this is probably a marginal fold.

Calling probally isn't a terribly bad play, but your very deep and you just have a pair.

oh and raise more PF and this call is easier. make it like .45

edit: i don't have much experience at NL5 so im not sure how crazy it plays. this might be a super easy call.

Panthro
11-14-2006, 01:13 AM
raise (much)more PF coming out of the BB. There's 0.24 in the pot, so make it at least 0.60 to go, if not more.

The rest is OK I guess. You see AJ/2 spades/small PP enough of the time to justify your call. Or you could fold and wait for a better spot.

JackA
11-14-2006, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AA,KK,JJ are all in the possible ranges of your opponents and all beat you. I also would not be to surprised to see a 3 at these stakes

[/ QUOTE ]

My n00b level thinking was he would have raised up AA, KK, JJ pre-flop. I had been watching the SB and he wasn't adverse to raising even marginal hands. However 33 is certainly in his range.

The flop push on his part was weird I thought, I had some notion that he had Jx something rather than a set. The CO's call into our little blind battle was a surprise.

[ QUOTE ]

oh and raise more PF and this call is easier. make it like .45

[/ QUOTE ]

.45? That large? I thought I was over betting with .3. What is the rational for a bet of that size? Get one of them to fold? Build the pot?

Thank you,
Jack

JackA
11-14-2006, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: i don't have much experience at NL5 so im not sure how crazy it plays. this might be a super easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It plays crazy IMO. I'm finding it hard to put people on hands. I've seen hands taken to the river that were 6 high, and win. Granted I'm new to NL coming from limit.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-14-2006, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your playing like 225bb deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't realize this when i posted, but against an unknown i would probably still call. i also really don't like to fold overpairs though

Bowlboy
11-14-2006, 02:15 AM
i used to play this game. You will find people playing A3s same way as villain here. Preflop calling standards go way down. A lot of times on flops such as this with a flush draw available, players get all their money in as fast as they can, because they either know that they get action from flush draws when they push, or they fear being outdrawn which must happen so damn often because so many hands go to showdown with multiple players all-in.

I'm not saying this to make an argument for folding, but we have to consider that villain can be playing trips this way at these stakes. This is just as easily a bluff, or J4offsuit.

lacrymosa
11-14-2006, 02:20 AM
I'd call and take note of what he shows down. AJs is def in his range I think, n00bs tend to play trips a bit slower I think.