PDA

View Full Version : QQ hits set on turn against scary board

baltostar
11-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I had him on AA KK AK ... checking turn is suspicious ...

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) BALTOSTAR is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, 4 folds, BALTOSTAR calls, 2 folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $3</font>, BALTOSTAR calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10.75, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, BALTOSTAR checks.

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($10.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $10</font>, BALTOSTAR ...

CrustyFace
11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Here's how i'd play the hand:

Preflop

Reraise here to $6. If you get reraised, depending on the amount and the player, you may wish to call but most of the time lay it down.

Flop

Assuming he just called the reraise you want to fire again on the flop, considering that he initially raised, you might want to fire a pot sized bed to really see where you are at.

I think that most of the time i'd know where i was at here and i'd either have the pot or not.

HoldEmNewby
11-13-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't mind the preflop flat call. You've got the button and that means you've got position (reraise is good here as well because with QQ 35% of the flops I see will have overcards on it). Flop is straightening and there are flush possibilities out there. While the pot is still relatively small, lets define our hand and hopefully take it down. I say reraise to $10.

The turn is def a bet. If we're ahead we want to build a pot, if we're behind we want to know now rather than later. Even a small probe bet would have been a good idea hear (1/4 pot).

As played I fold that river. It seems too much like a missed turn check-raise as oppose to a flat out bluff.

baltostar
11-13-2006, 11:29 PM
You guys noticed that this is $15 cap NLHE ?

baltostar
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Ok, so here gotta lay it down ?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) BALTOSTAR is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
3 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BALTOSTAR raises to $4</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $17</font>, BALTOSTAR ...