PDA

View Full Version : Theory -- calling/pushing over a pf 4bet

Grifter
11-13-2006, 09:17 PM
FTP 25NL 6max

Hero is on the button with X /images/graemlins/heart.gif X /images/graemlins/spade.gif and $25
Villian is in the CO and has $20

The CO is a fairly loose and aggressive player. No numbers, although he bought in for $10 and since doubled up w/ TPTK against TPGK. In that hand CO raised preflop, bet the flop and called a CRAI to take it down.
Hero has been three-betting librally, and taking down all his attempts either preflop or on the flop.

It's folded to the CO who minraises to $0.50. Hero reraises to $2.25. Folded back to the CO who makes it $10 straight. Hero's action...

<font color="blue"> Question: For each different value of X, what is hero's play? And more importantly, why? </font>

shpanko
11-13-2006, 09:46 PM
I'd say that only QQ+ is good here and possibly not even QQ. The min-raise followed by the huge 4-bet is almost always a monster. Fish think they're smart by minraising their good pf hands "for deception" then when someone plays back they reraise over the top huge I see it all the time and always with AA/KK and sometimes AKs. So You should be shoving AA/KK. Maybe calling and shoving non A/K flop with QQ? Maybe calling AK but that's prob a fold tbh. Anything less and I think it's a fold. This sounds tight but unless you have been three betting this specific player a lot pf then I think you need a very strong hand to continue.

Panthro
11-13-2006, 10:29 PM
agree with shpanko. Min-raise, followed by a massive 4-bet is usually a monster.

AA/KK, shove
QQ, tank then probably fold
JJ/AK, definate fold