PDA

View Full Version : How to play agains good loose agressive players II

Still learning
11-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this site but I hope that there is anyone out there that can help me improve my poker game.

I'm playing at a 10 seat cash games, low limit NL holdem 0.25/0.10$.

I consider my self beeing a tight agressive (maybe too agressive) player.

Resently I have found out that I have problem when I'm up against a lot of good loose agressive players. I tend to win a lot of small pots but lose my whole stack to one of the loose players at the table.

When I'm facing three to four loose agressive players I thighten my game, only playing premium hands pre-flop, I bet out 4 times BB (is that enough?). Then I normaly bet out on the flop when/if I hit the flop.

The problem is that with three to four callers there is a big chance that a top pair isn't the best hand. Either someone hit a smaller set, catch a two pair or get a good flush/straight draw. If not they just fold.

So my question is how to play post flop, and is a 4BB bet enough when you still get four callers?

Looking forward to your guideline how to beat good loose agresive players.

Regards,
Still learning

Still learning
11-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Here is one example from yesterday
0.25/0.15 I'm in pos9 to the right of the dealer, QQ
pos3 limps in (a loose agressive player)
everyone fold to me
I raise 1
Dealer calls
SB folds
BB folds
Pos1 calls

Flop 5c6d7h (3.40 in the pot)

Pos3 check
I raise a pot size raise 3
Dealer calls
Pos3 calls

Turn 10c (12.40)

Pos3 checks
I raise 5 (enough?)
Dealer folds
Pos3 Calls

River Qc (22.40)

Pos1 checks
I raise 5
Pos1 rerasie 15 (puts me all-in)
I call

He wins with Jc8c

EMc
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
The original thread was locked because it violated the posting guidlines. Try not to post just generic questions and actually post a hand and don't post bad beats either. Read the FAQs and stickies and participate on the site.

Please read all the stickies as a first step.

Still learning
11-13-2006, 09:09 PM
oops, sorry

Sqwrlking
11-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Honestly, it's all about adapting. If a 4 BB bet isn't enough to "thin the field", then you should bet more. The general rule is 4BB + 1BB for every limper in front of you, but sometimes you can get away with less, sometimes you should bet more.

As for your hand, it's hard to play without a read. Since the board is very drawy, there's a good chance Pos3 is on a draw(which he was, though not the obvious one). If so, then betting the river doesn't accomplish anything since he'll fold any hand that you have beat, and call or raise any hand that beats you. The board is so drawy, that it's unlikely that he wouldn't "spring the trap" on the flop or the turn if he had a set or two pairs. Still though, your hand also improved on the river, and you really have to call his raise. I found this hand pretty difficult to play without a decent read, and thus it's hard to give any advice.

Still learning
11-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks for your answer.

I agree raising on the turn was not a good play.

As you say it was a very drawy bord and he was a tricky player. There is 3$ in the pot after the flop, maybe I should have raised more then 3?

Big Poppa Smurf
11-13-2006, 09:28 PM
your river play is fine here, checking this behind would be criminal.