PDA

View Full Version : How to play agains good loose agressive players

Still learning
11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this site but I hope that there is anyone out there that can help me improve my poker game.

I'm playing at a 10 seat cash games, low limit NL holdem 0.25/0.10$.

I consider my self beeing a tight agressive (maybe too agressive) player.

Resently I have found out that I have problem when I'm up against a lot of good loose agressive players. I tend to win a lot of small pots but lose my whole stack to one of the loose players at the table.

When I'm facing three to four loose agressive players I thighten my game, only playing premium hands pre-flop, I bet out 4 times BB (is that enough?). Then I normaly bet out on the flop when/if I hit the flop.

The problem is that with three to four callers there is a big chance that a top pair isn't the best hand. Either someone hit a smaller set, catch a two pair or get a good flush/straight draw. If not they just fold.

So my question is how to play post flop, and is a 4BB bet enough when you still get four callers?

Looking forward to your guideline how to beat good loose agresive players.

Regards,
Still learning

GtrHtr
11-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Post a specific hand, I'm sure you'll get replies.

Panthro
11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
-preflop, raise 4 times BB + 1BB per limper
-try to sit to the left of the loose aggressive players.
-play very very cautiously post flop when a good LAG has position on you.

Also, use the search function...there's ALOT of good threads regarding optimal strategies against LAG's

Mal_Pais
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Not trying to be a smarta$$, but good LAGs at NL25 are as rare as the unicorn. Sure, there's overly aggressive maniacs that will felt some very marginal hands, but good LAGs? I'll pay to see it.

But my experience is based on pre-UGIA. Have the games gotten that much tougher in the last month?