PDA

View Full Version : weird hand with QQ

loveminuszero
11-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $51.30
Hero: $50
CO: $78.10
Button: $56.30
SB: $6.95
BB: $12.35

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $5.25</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($19.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: $19.25

orange
11-13-2006, 07:33 PM
he has KK and your hand is not good. i play it the same though.

loveminuszero
11-13-2006, 08:11 PM
yeah i knew he had KK also but didnt think i could fold.

CrustyFace
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Ok seriously, you're not controlling the pot here so you shouldn't really be in it.

First of all make it $2 to go preflop to stop him calling with Ax.

Second of all, from his POV, why would he raise to $5 preflop and then min bet the flop. He either has you beat or has no hope. Here he wants to see if you raise. If you do then you know where you are at, since you didn't, he knows that he is favourite and you don't know anything.

Either raise the flop with the intention of betting the turn if your not smooth called or reraised, call the flop and be ready to fold if he shows any strength or fold the flop.

I vote for raise the flop here and if he smooth calls, check it down from there on. If he reraises you then you are probably beat.

Why not bet the money you think you'd end up calling later, straight away on the flop to see where you are.

loveminuszero
11-13-2006, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok seriously, you're not controlling the pot here so you shouldn't really be in it.

Second of all, from his POV, why would he raise to $5 preflop and then min bet the flop. He either has you beat or has no hope. Here he wants to see if you raise. If you do then you know where you are at, since you didn't, he knows that he is favourite and you don't know anything.

Either raise the flop with the intention of betting the turn if your not smooth called or reraised, call the flop and be ready to fold if he shows any strength or fold the flop.

I vote for raise the flop here and if he smooth calls, check it down from there on. If he reraises you then you are probably beat.

Why not bet the money you think you'd end up calling later, straight away on the flop to see where you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna be honest, this is a terrible post

CrustyFace
11-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Why?

CrustyFace
11-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Preflop:

I'm saying that if you raise the preflop to a typical bet of $2, $1.5 is easier to call here than $2, you might encourage a fold by Ax and avoid this scenario all together.

All in all, preflop isn't too bad, but $2 would be better.

Flop:

Either lead in with a raise or check-raise him here (especially when he bets a pathetic 50c). If he is a tight player he can be made to fold the KK you *think* he may have.

The only way you are going to get information on this hand is if you represent an A and raise or reraise him. If you get reraised then you know you are dead.

As you played it, with just the flop call to his incredibly useless 50c bet, you know nothing about his hand.

The flop is weak poker plain and simple.

Panthro
11-13-2006, 10:04 PM
It's fine. I doubt he's folding KK here unless you turn your hand into a bluff and fire at least two (maybe three?) big bets.

CrustyFace
11-13-2006, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's fine. I doubt he's folding KK here unless you turn your hand into a bluff and fire at least two (maybe three?) big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

He cant do that without playing the flop the way i just suggested.

Sean Fraley
11-13-2006, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to agree with crustyface here. Either he is afraid of those aces or he's not. Since Raising/Calling Reraise is a likely scenario if hero had AK, raising to say "I just flopped trip aces" makes sense. If he reraises, fold it and stack him later when you know that you've got the goods.

CrustyFace
11-13-2006, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to agree with crustyface here. Either he is afraid of those aces or he's not. Since Raising/Calling Reraise is a likely scenario if hero had AK, raising to say "I just flopped trip aces" makes sense. If he reraises, fold it and stack him later when you know that you've got the goods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, exactly.

HoldEmNewby
11-13-2006, 11:05 PM
I think we need to def. reraise that flop. Theres $11.75 in the pot by betting we may get a better hand to fold (both stacks are deep and neither party is pot committed); or we may have the best hand and we need to make draws pay - either way its a pot worth fighting for. I say put $8.50 as a reraise on the flop.

ps&gt; If our reraise on the flop is called I wouldn't give up right away. I'm not saying fire a second barrell, I think that'd be a mistake, but as long as I could get to a cheap showdown I'd still put some more money in there.

orange
11-14-2006, 01:32 AM
to the c/r-ers on the flop,

the problem with c/r-ing this hand in this spot is your taking a reasonably good showdown hand and turning it into complete bluff. I would much rather have complete air before c/r-ing this flop. I think there is still a reasonable chance that we are ahead, and villan can have something like JJ/TT/etc.