PDA

View Full Version : QQ, facing small donk bet on Ace turn

danny8
11-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Villains only been sat down for 10hands... bought in for $25, hasnt done anything much.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25./$0.50.
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $24.40
UTG+1: $66.40
CO: $59.05
Hero: $50.85
SB: $24.20
BB: $102.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9, 3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $40</font>

just potted it pf, prolly shoulda made it $3.

Anyway...Had no idea what to do on the turn. That donk bet screams 'please let me see a cheap river' thought he might be on a FD, but could have an A, 9... another pp, dont really know. Obviously i cant just call since hes short stacked and its all going in on any river, so d'ya like a push or fold?

All comments appreciated, thanks!

Sir Winalot
11-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Meh, I would probably call this and hit a Q or hope that river gets checked trough. I just don't see any merit in raising AI here even though he's short.

ticks
11-13-2006, 09:56 AM
So he has 10 more in his stack?
I think this is fine then.
I see shortstacks calling with any pair, any draw here, in addition to the hands you are behind.

ticks
11-13-2006, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I would probably call this and hit a Q or hope that river gets checked trough. I just don't see any merit in raising AI here even though he's short.

[/ QUOTE ]

You call, pot is 35, villain shoves his remaining 10$ in on a blank river,
and you fold?

degenrat
11-13-2006, 09:59 AM
"That donk bet screams 'please let me see a cheap river' thought he might be on a FD"

he called a huge flop bet and you think he wants a cheap card? lol. i think you have to fold to his trn bet. to me it screams, "raise me dummy"

Sir Winalot
11-13-2006, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
I call, but would be happy to get the river checked trough.

ticks
11-13-2006, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
I call, but would be happy to get the river checked trough.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this way you lose the most when behind, and win the least when ahead.

machine
11-13-2006, 11:04 AM
this is fine a draw will still call and if your behind its most likely gonna be in anyway on the river