PDA

View Full Version : $25NL 6m Never show cards?

Reid L
11-13-2006, 08:00 AM
As a rule I never show my cards, good or bad. But what about showing either a bluff or a standard cbet where youve missed right before you tighten up?

tehDiceman
11-13-2006, 08:47 AM
i never show, unless i get some nuts 4-5 times in a row and then i show to prove that i had a massive hand, but rarely does it ever happen since i never pull that many good hands in a row.

showing just gives away your starting hands and provides access to your betting patterns. if they know you missed that flop but still bet big, they may be inclined to call you next time or raise you and if you are cbetting a dead flop again, you would fold and lose a possible pot win if you leave them thinking that you are always ahead when you bet big.

avfletch
11-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Just don't do it. It might work in a live game where you can judge their reaction to it and make sure they see but online you won't even know if he saw what you showed or anything about whether he's capable of adapting to it. If you're up against an 8 tabling HUD monster then he won't see it and even if he does he's not going to care.

Sir Winalot
11-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Never if you don't have to.

Reid L
11-13-2006, 09:06 AM
yeah, i never have and wasnt planning on it but thought it might be an interesting possibility to consider right before tightening up.

theblitz
11-13-2006, 09:18 AM
The only hands I show are Royal Flushes (that makes 7 times I have shown).

Elverian
11-13-2006, 09:37 AM
As a rule, don't show them - especially c-bets. If you plan to tighten up, and try the move, there is no guarantee you will be dealt playable hands for a significant time- you'll then have a tight table image anyway. You have then gained no advantage and you could well be noted as a c-bettor, and may get called/raised on your c-bets at some future date by attentive players.

degenrat
11-13-2006, 09:46 AM
i show down strong hands on occasion to build a TAG image. I raise in position often and need my raises respected.

Elverian
11-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Interesting idea, but you are still giving away information, which is a risky business. When you do hit with one of your marginal hands, that you have raised with due to your position, what you are up to is there for all to see anyway. Do you find the ploy works well at these limits?

degenrat
11-13-2006, 10:06 AM
when i hit a marginal hand i have the added disguise vs a somewhat attentive opponent.

I find the play works perfectly. if i show down big hands i am less likely to get played back at. and i am betting 40-50% of the time in an unopened pot PF and cont bettign 80% of the time thereafter.

I need folds.