PDA

View Full Version : Can u get away from this hand? I could not!

MattsTheMan
11-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.8, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $17.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $32.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $24.4</font>.
Uncalled bets: $24.4 returned to Hero.

Can u get away from this hand? I could not! Vilain is pretty solid one of the most solid players ive seen on these stakes.

Comments?

Everlong
11-13-2006, 05:23 AM
You have a monster draw. I think getting it in on the flop is fine. I wouldn't want to get away.

Vern
11-13-2006, 05:24 AM
I don't 3bet the flop c/r. I like my hand, but am not sure it is the best but I have two strong draws and position, all the c/r on the flop and see the turn.

DiCkO
11-13-2006, 05:34 AM
Get it in. Im guessing he hit his set, but you have many outs.

blackize
11-13-2006, 05:41 AM
It looks like the stacks are too big to get it in on the flop here. If I'm not mistaken you each have ~150BBs. You're a bit behind on the flop if we narrow his range to JJ,99,77 and a little worse off if we add in T8s

I'd probably call his flop raise and reevaluate on the turn.

MortenTA
11-13-2006, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like the stacks are too big to get it in on the flop here. If I'm not mistaken you each have ~150BBs. You're a bit behind on the flop if we narrow his range to JJ,99,77 and a little worse off if we add in T8s

I'd probably call his flop raise and reevaluate on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

MattsTheMan
11-13-2006, 06:13 AM
This brings up another topic. The diffrent ways to approach this hand. Get it in all on the flop versus call an reevalute on the turn.

I dont know how you Guys calculate outs and it would be very intresting to know. I will try to explain if its possible.

When i Am on turn The flop outs is history. Lets say I have 14 outs on the flop to make the best hand.

Flush + Inside straight draw + top set
I should be favorite to win the hand by 51%

But if i deside to only call and hit a blanco on turn lets say Spade 2 is the turn card. If villain desides to make a huge bet or go all in I have only 14 outs from turn to river that should be about 32% to make the best hand.

The point is when I am on turn the way I see it the outs I had on flop is only history and from turn to river I have only 32% chance to make the best hand.

I never considered to fold this hand thats why i want to get it all in on flop and if turn is a blanco and vilain desides to make a huge bet I have to fold a Hand that i likely was favorite in on flop and i dont want that to happen!?

Comments abouts this?

-Matts

blackize
11-13-2006, 05:01 PM
If the villain is as solid as you say he is, you are not a favorite here. A very solid villain isn't felting anything but a set, made straight or a huge draw here. If you add AhKh and AhQh its 55/42 in his favor. Im not a huge fan of stacking off here.

You're right that if you call the flop and he makes a sizeable bet on the turn you can't call on your draw, but I'm also not a fan of getting all in against a villain with a very narrow range against which we are at best a coinflip.

TyFuji
11-13-2006, 05:13 PM
I agree with calling the c/r. This is at the low end of the "monster draw" category, especially since your jacks and tens are surely bad outs. You're getting good odds to see a turn, so just call and see what comes off. If it bricks and he bets strong, you will have to make a decision, but I don't like getting it in on the flop with zero fold equity.

Another advantage of just seeing a turn is that lots of villains say "C/R C/R C/R gogogo" and might give you a chance to see a free river.

Note that if this was a typical uNL player, getting it in would be fine, but since this guy is apparently so solid, his range is tiny and it cuts off some of your outs.

MattsTheMan
11-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Ty for the responses, Well you can ofcause argue how solid a player is at these stakes real solid players play in way higher stakes........

Anyway he had 10 8o so he flopped the nutz.