PDA

View Full Version : .01/.02NL, How NOT to play AKs?

PotatoStew
11-13-2006, 01:05 AM
.01/.02 NL ... haven't seen the villian do anything out of line. I am not sure what I should have done here, but I am pretty certain that I did one or more things very very wrong. I just get that feeling. Please tell me what I should have done differently.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1.11)
SB ($4.94)
BB ($2)
UTG ($6.61)
UTG+1 ($0.72)
MP1 ($1.82)
MP2 ($6)
Hero ($3.91)
CO ($0.92)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.30) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.30) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.08</font>, Hero calls $1.08.

River: ($2.46) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.72 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.18

tehDiceman
11-13-2006, 01:12 AM
since the villian checked the flop to you, i would have bet around 30 cents. but, the rest of his line possibly indicates that he was going for the c/r on the flop and you didnt bet so he couldnt get any more money.

on the turn the only hands that beat you are any 6, AJ, and AA so i would still think you are ahead of him at that point and might have raised AI.

the 8 of diamonds doesnt seem to complete any hand, unless he was playing 86 but im not sure he would have repopped with that hand preflop.

i'd say the river would be a reload and semi reluctant call.

PotatoStew
11-13-2006, 01:15 AM
JJ beats me on the turn as well.

Vern
11-13-2006, 02:48 AM
I am 4 betting pre-flop. Pot has $0.24 in it, $0.06 to call, so I re-raise $0.36 to $0.44. If he reraises that, then I may call or push. With your read I would call that last raise. On the flop I bet if he is last to raise and checks that flop to me. If he check raises me, then I fold. I am guessing that I am all-in with this pre-flop or on the flop against someone willing to match me raise for raise on those streets.

PotatoStew
11-13-2006, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing that I am all-in with this pre-flop or on the flop against someone willing to match me raise for raise on those streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would get all in on the flop? In the event he did match you raise for raise, what hands are you putting him on?

Vern
11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
What can I say, I like AKs before the flop and am not afraid to get it all in there. I am either getting in on the flop or likely pot committed. If he 4 bets me, I would limit his holdings to AA, KK, QQ, AK and AQs. Against that range I am 46:54 underdog. It has been my experience though that most opponents at this level will have a wider range of hands. If he does this with AJs, it gets to 49:51 and if he will do it with AQo we are ahead of that range. That is why I am not backing down.

A not get out of line read is not the same as "His PFR is 1.1% after 400+ hands" I had AKo against one of those guys the other day. That indicates he will only PFR with AA or KK, so when he re-raised my AKo I folded. Another player was not as observant (Thanks PAHud) and called with a PP, hit his set and stacked the rock so I know the rock really did have AA. I made a note on the rock as well.

Befolder
11-13-2006, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What can I say, I like AKs before the flop and am not afraid to get it all in there. I am either getting in on the flop or likely pot committed. If he 4 bets me, I would limit his holdings to AA, KK, QQ, AK and AQs. Against that range I am 46:54 underdog. It has been my experience though that most opponents at this level will have a wider range of hands. If he does this with AJs, it gets to 49:51 and if he will do it with AQo we are ahead of that range. That is why I am not backing down.

A not get out of line read is not the same as "His PFR is 1.1% after 400+ hands" I had AKo against one of those guys the other day. That indicates he will only PFR with AA or KK, so when he re-raised my AKo I folded. Another player was not as observant (Thanks PAHud) and called with a PP, hit his set and stacked the rock so I know the rock really did have AA. I made a note on the rock as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of putting my money in when I'm pretty sure I'll be behind when the cards are flipped. Makes no sense.

Scottery
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing that I am all-in with this pre-flop or on the flop against someone willing to match me raise for raise on those streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would get all in on the flop? In the event he did match you raise for raise, what hands are you putting him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. You dont want to be all in the flop at all, that sucks.

I prefer you to make a good sized RR preflop and on the turn get it all in.. He probably has some retardedly weak Ace.

Ric

PotatoStew
11-13-2006, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer you to make a good sized RR preflop and on the turn get it all in.. He probably has some retardedly weak Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't his reraise preflop argue against a retardedly weak Ace? Or am I giving him too much credit?