PDA

View Full Version : AA vs. flop overbet (and shorty)

z28dreams
11-13-2006, 12:23 AM
FT 50NL 6max

Villain has around $30
Hero covers

Hero is dealt AA in the CO

Preflop:
folds to hero
hero raises to $2
BB calls

Flop: ($4) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB leads for $8
hero ???

Do you just get it all in here w/ 88 vs. this short stack? Let it go? What's your play vs. a player w/ 100BB's?

Totally lost with this hand.

No real reads on villain - have played maybe 20 hands with him, nothing out of the ordinary.

Vern
11-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Do you have the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

I think a player with any PP that missed is going to bet this more often than a set. The PP thinks your overcards have missed the flop. The pot will be $20 when you call, so you are going to fold or put him all in. I favor putting an unknown all in here. The made hands(the sets) just don't lead into the pre-flop raiser that much at this level.

kaz2107
11-13-2006, 12:32 AM
i prolly just pooosh. shortys suck and will b doin this with all kinds of crap. could have tptk, over pair, any pp, a flush draw, and maybe even missed overs.

against a 100bb stack i prolly call and reevaluate the turn

Panthro
11-13-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm shoving against an unknown shortstack approximately 147% of the time.

That $8 bet suggests he has some kind of PP (99/TT???), or some fragile pair, and he's overbetting to protect his hand. I doubt he does this with a set; and the only other hand I'd be worried about is 8/7.

eew
11-13-2006, 12:34 AM
What suits are youre aces?
With no reads on villain this hand becomes very hard and almost a coinflip situation.
You only beat like flush/str8 draw and tt jj qq, but would he really play a flush draw like this?
And you are way behind 88, 77,33 and 87.
But i don't think he would play set like this.
I think he has qq or 2pair.
Buy you either fold or push.
I think i would push.

orange
11-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Find some way to get it in. I'm playing for stacks here.

Against a 100bb player, I would 3-bet the flop to $22 and shove any turn.