PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6-max: 64s flops a straight on a monotone board

cestlavie
11-12-2006, 11:04 PM
UTG is a maniac with 47/32/3 stats over about 70 hands. MP is somewhat tight but very passive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($28.60)
UTG ($41.40)
MP ($44.20)
Button ($23.20)
Hero ($53.55)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, Hero calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, MP calls $6, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $51.55</font>

I know UTG will bet this, and would also like to see MP's reaction before I stab my claim to the pot. Against two diamonds I'm obviously toast.

Sure enough, UTG bets with whatever he has. MP calls, which can really mean anything since he's so reluctant to raise. I decide it's raise or fold time, and since there's no reason to be afraid of a flopped flush I push. With anything else than A or K of diamonds or a floppped flush the villains will have tough time calling my push, and even against a single high diamond my fold equity is big because I'm representing a flopped flush.

Vern
11-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I think I fold pre-flop. Out of position, my implied odds have been reduced due to the pre-flop bet. The cold calls don't make me feel better. I fold.

Flop: UTG bet, but MP called, the pot is now 26, if UTG calls your tight passive player will be calling with better than 2.1 odds which if he has any single high diamond means he is calling with correct odds. I think I would choose to call the flop and push any non-diamond turn and fold to a diamond on the turn.

Hail Eris
11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
You have a straight; why are you thinking about fold equity vs. flush draws? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm either raising to $20-something, or calling and c/r AI on the turn. With a passive player sitting between you and a maniac, the second line looks hot here.

Preflop is pretty bad, imo.

bk1
11-13-2006, 12:07 AM
I would have folded that suited connector pre-flop.

On the flop, I don't know what the correct play is but I think raise all in is ok.

orange
11-13-2006, 02:44 AM
lead/3-bet this flop. c/r ai works too i suppose. only thing that would suck is if it got checked through...players tend to freeze up when the board goes monotone.