PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6-max: AK flops TPTK, nut flush draw

cestlavie
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
This is mostly a sanity check, whether there is something else I should consider after taking some flak on the flop. I play flops like these always the same way; to try to get the chips in any way possible.

I have such a few hands (8) on villain that any stat-based assumptions go out of the window.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($93.40)
CO ($52.45)
Button ($28.70)
Hero ($49.50)
BB ($29.10)
UTG ($62.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2.50, Button folds.

Flop: ($7) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $46.5</font>

Villain is probably on a 2nd nut flush draw himself or has a flopped set or two pair, maybe AQ with a /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Vern
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
If he has a set or two hearts you are 2:1 behind
If he has A5, AT it is a coin flip
If he has a pair and the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif you are 85:15 favored

I think I call the flop and check the turn intending to c/r all-in anything that doesn't pair the board. A free card is not going to hurt me, may let me stack him if he has the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif where the flop all in might drive the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif out but the sets and two card flushes will be calling with a better hand than yours.

Sir Winalot
11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd probably lead the flop for a little more. I like the 3-bet AI.

homeslice
11-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I bet more at least $5.50 on the flop. I too like your 3bet AI.

degenrat
11-13-2006, 09:45 AM
i think this is a bad push. i thin a call juices the pot. we are happy to get it in. i think w have a better chance of getting it in on the turn or river by cold calling the raise.

i call and lead the turn with a 3/4 PSB and call a push.

Sir Winalot
11-13-2006, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think this is a bad push. i thin a call juices the pot. we are happy to get it in. i think w have a better chance of getting it in on the turn or river by cold calling the raise.

i call and lead the turn with a 3/4 PSB and call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure you got the point here. We're talking about pushing for fold equity while still having outs if we get called, not for value.

degenrat
11-13-2006, 10:01 AM
you think there is much fold equity here? look at the cillains stack. then figure out ranges and our outs if we need to improve. i want this guys money. he has a small enough stack that we are getting the money in one way or another. i am trying to find the best line to get the donk's chips. I think we have a strong enough hand here against the villain to merit wanting a cal vs a fold.

thanks.

Sir Winalot
11-13-2006, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you think there is much fold equity here? look at the cillains stack. then figure out ranges and our outs if we need to improve. i want this guys money. he has a small enough stack that we are getting the money in one way or another. i am trying to find the best line to get the donk's chips. I think we have a strong enough hand here against the villain to merit wanting a cal vs a fold.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
OP said he has only 8 hands, that is not a read that villain is a donk.

[ QUOTE ]
MP ($93.40)

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't look short to me.

degenrat
11-13-2006, 10:08 AM
confused this post with another. my bad. i change my line.

I call the flop and I check the turn and call a push as a pickoff attempt.