PDA

View Full Version : 6 max reflop question - 3 or more limpers and I have QQ-88

derosnec
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
what do I do on the button?
in the blinds?

ive been calling more, rather than raising. but that cant be right.

evilempire
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I raise them all.

Vern
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
It depends.

3 limpers with less than 50BB each and you won't be playing for set value against a single opponent, so I prefer limping PP less than QQ. If you have a couple of them with decent stacks, then raising in position is good, whether they call or fold. If the LRR make sure you have enough implied odds to call and hit yourset.

Vern
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise them all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't, if my opponents are in the 30-50BB stack size range, and I am looking to put in a 7-8BB stack raise pre-flop I might limp behind in the blinds. If their stacks are even smaller, even more so with smaller PP. On the Btn behind 3 limpers I raise just about every PP.

Mal_Pais
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fazz86
11-12-2006, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Galilee
11-13-2006, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never used to, but I do now. There's nothing worse than that feeling when you limp, flop a set against 4 opponents, and think "if only I had raised this."

Is it a good idea to raise more from the blinds? Does the theory of making up for your bad position apply to pairs at these stakes?

munkey
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I raise slightly more from the blinds.

Dependig on stack sizes and likelyness of limpers to fold to cbet.

I'm more likely to raise the QQ end than smaller pairs and call the smaller pairs in the blind, but it really does depend - raising is probably the best 'cookie cutter -ready made' move but sometimes limping is better.

Perk76
11-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Depends on how you have been playing at the table, but I raise from the button with all those hands, and find that most fold out, and sometimes they all fold out. Dead money=good money.

Those that stick around, a continuation bet normally wins the pot.