PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Bluff Line

GooseHinson
11-12-2006, 09:11 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($20.95)
UTG ($35.50)
Hero ($27.35)
CO ($31.65)
Button ($29.80)
SB ($6.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.25</font>, CO calls $4.50.

Turn: ($18.35) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18.35 (All-In)</font>

I put him on 99-AA, AQ-AK. He is a TAG 16/11/3.0 over ~100 hands or so. I'm pretty much representing a set or straight, I figure most people would fold that range. what do you think?

Edit: My preflop is bad, but lets not discuss that part of the hand.

Vern
11-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't like the play. A TAG re-raised you pre-flop with position on you. I think I fold here since my hand isn't even in his 3-bet range. Now, what hands in your normal open raising range have you hit? 66,44,33. If I was going to represent one of those (which is inf act not part of my arsenal), I would do it harder on the flop with a full PSB, not some lesser amount. Pot is 6.60 when it gets to you, your call would make it 9.35 so I would raise it to $12.10. Since that is half your stack, I would just push right there. You raised 4.50 into a $9 pot, and he likely correctly read your play as a move and not a real hand. IMHO.

Waingro
11-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Ok now that is a pretty good card to bluff at, but at this level you really need to now your opponent to bluff here. So many opponents just randomly spew chips that folding overpairs is seriously -EV. You got to have some reason for him not to believe that you are just some random donk that will more often than not show up with some random crap like KQo here. Will he believe that you know what you are representing?

I think it is a pretty good bluff, but you got lucky that that 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif came off and I donīt think it is utter spew. On most other turns I think you should just give up. Did you have any reason at all to believe he could fold an overpair to you?

GtrHtr
11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't think its a bad spot to bluff, but I wouldn't bluff at 25nl, no reason too really.

Is this what you're up to now? Hate stars stts? I really like 6max and think you will too. PM me sometime and let me know what's what.

Gtr

GooseHinson
11-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the insight, I realize bluffing at this level is pretty futile but I saw a player with stats like mine and thought he might be a thinker. I know in his position I would definately fold the turn. I do give up if the turn doesn't bring a K, Q or the 5. Also, he had been liberally 3betting me preflop, we had been playing at the table for over an hour. I had yet to make a move or do anything tricky.

FWIW, he called with TT and I laughed, reloaded and made a note.

Check_The_Nuts
11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
didn't read any responses, but holy [censored] I see this bluff a lot at 10NL etc.

Shaddux
11-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't really like this:

If he has a brain, he knows you don't have a straight, and you probably don't play a set this way.

If he doesn't have a brain, he probably calls with any overpair.

GooseHinson
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks Shaddux, you're probably right. How would you play it if you had a set, 2 pair or a straight? I think a set would play it pretty similarly as to how I played it and well a straight...maybe half potting the turn? But that doesn't leave me with much on the river.

This was just an experiment as I just started playing NL6max and wanted to see if I could pull off an elaborate bluff. Lesson learned, FPS.

Shaddux
11-12-2006, 10:20 PM
On the flop, we almost never have a 2 pair here. I bet/3bet with a set. The only straight possibility I see is if we have 77. Since we aren't check raising the flop with 77, there won't be enough money in the pot to have to go AI on the turn anyways.

ghostface
11-12-2006, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
25NL Bluff Line

[/ QUOTE ]

Puke.