PDA

View Full Version : Big downswing

RyanC
02-01-2006, 07:58 AM
THe other night I started playing and about went out of my mind. I lost to a flush 3 times, trips 2 times, and never hit it on the flop with a primo hand. So to say the least I was on tilt. I play .5/1 and lost around 40bb. I know this happens but do any of you feel like you want to quit after a night like this? By the way, is 40bb a little much for a session in .5/1? I dont really think so but am looking for other opinions. I was 3 tabling.

Blackwolf
02-01-2006, 09:11 AM
40bb is nothin, like a walk in the park but you should keep in mind how much less u would have lossed if you werent tilting.
We all feel bad after a loosing session hell after a couple of bad beats I took my money out of eurobet and deposit it into another site, a suggestion is to take some time off play some pool get some beers and get your head fresh and then get back into the game. Peace!

n00dl3
02-01-2006, 10:35 AM
40 BB isn't that much.. unless you have a mininal bankroll.. I would just take some times off and enjoy other aspect of life... when you're tilting... you could lose up to 1/4 to 1/2 of ya bankroll.. then that is a big downswing... get some R&R .. or go have lots of sex with ya g/f to relieve some stress

KinkyKid
02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Losing or winning 40 BB in a session is not really out of the ordinary. Tilting is. At some point you will need to learn to control the emotions that lead to tilting.

kerowo
02-01-2006, 02:58 PM
You lost 5 hands and go on tilt? Maybe you're in the wrong game. 5 tabling, 40BB is two orbits where you have one playable hand and you have to fold it. Takes about 20 minutes. Yesterday I was up 50BB on one table and still only managed to end the night up 30BB. You need perspective and more hands in. 74% for AA isn't 100%, 64% for AK isn't 100%.

Songwind
02-01-2006, 03:16 PM
If you're set on tilt by losing a certain amount in one session, don't play for that much.

Yes, setting artificial limits like that can possibly cause you to lose your set amount and miss out on what would be a huge rally, but all the huge rallies in the world won't help you if you let yourself go on tilt regularly.

I don't have that much table time to play each day, plus I'm still in the "getting used to losing being okay sometimes" period, so I buy in with 25 or 30 BB and if I lose that, I'm done. It keeps me from blowing ANOTHER 25 or 30 because I'm upset and not playing well, or because I start playing scared.

Oddly enough, my first "bust out" night was like being hit in the face in martial arts class. It hurts, and you dread it like hell... but once it happens the first time, it's not as scary anymore.

Pog0
02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
THe other night I started playing and about went out of my mind. I lost to a flush 3 times, trips 2 times, and never hit it on the flop with a primo hand. So to say the least I was on tilt. I play .5/1 and lost around 40bb. I know this happens but do any of you feel like you want to quit after a night like this? By the way, is 40bb a little much for a session in .5/1? I dont really think so but am looking for other opinions. I was 3 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get used to it. It just takes experience.

Here's an example of what you have to look forward to in the future:
and this isn't even the worst of them! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4610271&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1&nt=4)

RyanC
02-02-2006, 10:47 PM
I have been covering up the amount I have at the table, Im not looking a PT a million times and when I leave the table I dont look at how much I won or lost and POOF, tilting no more.

Nietzsche
02-03-2006, 08:07 AM
I have three 40 BB downsswings a day. Is it too late to fix the title?