PDA

View Full Version : kk on monotone flop, facing turn aggression

danny8
11-12-2006, 07:22 PM
villain is an alright player, 35/11/1.5 hes fairly passive and generally a little weak/tight.

My image is on the loose side of TAG. I've been taking down a lot of pots and only showing down solid hands, im playing 20/24

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25./$0.50.
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $47.75
Hero: $74.95
SB: $55.20
BB: $48.60

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($26.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $17</font>, Hero...

should have bet bigger on the flop. Made my standard cbet in a rr pot, but obv didnt take into account how drawy it was! If im raised on the flop, should i be happy to get it AI? As played whats the plan on the turn. Cant just call since its all going in on the river anyway.

So is it a push or a fold? flush/FH is def in his range, hes seen me c-bet a couple times and check behind on the turn. From this kind of player, just seems like he has a very good hand.

All comments appreciated, thanks!

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 07:27 PM
ummm .. to me this looks like a full house ... i first thought that he might have been scared that the board paired on the turn because he had a flush ... but the more i think about that if he was that afraid id think he'd just check raise u on the flop ... or lead flop.

just raise more pf ... make it like 8 ... that way smaller PP doesnt have odds to draw to a set.

i definitely wouldnt want to get it all in here ... especially since he played passively until the board paired then came out firing

EMc
11-12-2006, 07:30 PM
the PFR is fine, but pot the flop. On the turn, this really to me looks like AJ with the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Ill probably push here.

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 07:32 PM
why does aj check call flop and lead turn? ...

i dont understand that

Vern
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the PFR is fine, but pot the flop. On the turn, this really to me looks like AJ with the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Ill probably push here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Concur in part, dissent in part.
PFR is fine, PSB the flop, if he leads into you on the turn I fold. Read was weak tight, donking the turn into a flop aggressor that potted it means the cowboys are beat.