PDA

View Full Version : Big draw--part of it came in. River action? Easy call right?

Haplo
11-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.10
UTG+1: $9.15
MP1: $26.40
MP2: $100.70
MP3: $35.60
CO: $22
Hero: $26.80
SB: $60.50
BB: $25.35

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.5</font>, BB calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($8.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($20.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $6</font>, BB folds, HERO????

Results:
Final pot: $32.5
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed Kc Qc</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 7s 8s</font>

Vern
11-12-2006, 05:29 PM
w/o reads I don't know if I call pre-flop.

The river call is easy getting better than 4:1 unless I have a real specific read.

Don't put the results in the post, it is irrelevant to the answer and only tends to bias the results towards answers played with the cards up.

robinmbuk
11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Easy call. The only thing that'd stop me pushing here is that it's possible he might have QQ for the higher straight.

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM
i actually figured him for kq when he came out firing river ..

theres no other hand that fits the betting sequence that he would bet the river with because anyone is going to be afraid of a queen ... that is unless they themselves have it, get it?

orange
11-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I would probably call the river. No real value in raising. I think you are good here often.

Vern
11-12-2006, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy call. The only thing that'd stop me pushing here is that it's possible he might have QQ for the higher straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Post flop aggressor is not the PFR. I expect him to have a King generally with the way he bet (Or am I biased) /images/graemlins/smile.gif The quarter bet on the flop, half turn, quarter river makes it look like he values his hand but not the nuts. I expect he will bet/fold river with a worse hand and bet/call or raise a better hand so calling is the best option. The hand as posted has showdown value. at 4:1 That is about my limit though with the sucker end of a straight.

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM
vern ... would you want to bet too strong w/ the nuts if u thought doing so would fold out weaker hands that might call a smaller value bet?

and by that same logic ... would you make that weaker value bet with any hand here that DOESNT hold a queen? ...

Vern
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
vern ... would you want to bet too strong w/ the nuts if u thought doing so would fold out weaker hands that might call a smaller value bet?

and by that same logic ... would you make that weaker value bet with any hand here that DOESNT hold a queen? ...

[/ QUOTE ]
True and maybe /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think HU my opponent is betting the river with a wider range of hands, it is a small bet, I get milked here. I think HU against some opponents I do value bet this river w/o a queen. It depends on my opponent.

Haplo
11-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Nice job Marshall and others that put him on a King. He had KQ. I called the bet.