PDA

View Full Version : slow-playing QQ

banana182
11-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I know that the general rule of thumb is that one should NEVER slowplay, but in hands like this I wonder if I could have perhaps won more by letting it play out longer. Is that kind of thought just results-oriented? Any times where it would be appropriate to slowplay? Any thoughts?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $51.95
banana: $20.15
Button: $17.40
SB: $18.11
BB: $2.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) banana is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">banana raises to $0.5</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.15, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">banana raises all-in $19.65</font>.
Uncalled bets: $14.35 returned to banana.

Turn: : ($26.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $26.1)

River: : ($26.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $26.1)

Results:
Final pot: $26.1

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 05:17 PM
this is a terrible spot to slowplay ... for really just 1 reason...

this flop fits into so many possible hands hes holding ... including JK that actually beats you right now ... however, for this reason he is more likely to call your big bet w/ 2 pr or top pr and SD ...

and you just really HATE to see a J or a K because it will really either kill your action .. or make him a hand thats stronger than yours.

the only time id consider slowplaying 3 queens would be on a flop like Q72r ... only because theres almost no card that can come that makes him a stronger hand than ours ... and because he wont be calling our flop bet since the flop ALMOST DEFINITELY missed his hand.

robinmbuk
11-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Never slowplay when there's a good chance that the next card coming will break you.

For example you hold A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and despite your pf raise there is a big multiway pot and the flop comes down A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Any King, 2, diamond, jack, queen, ten, 3, 4, 5 on the turn could potentially break you (obviously some of these cards are more scary than others). However if the flop comes down Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif and you hold Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and any of your opponets likes trying to steal pots when it's checked to them, now might be a could time to slowplay and get extra bets in.

PietM
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Apart from the reasons mentioned above I would not slowplay in this case because villain most likely will call. He overbet the pot massively. There's a good chance he will call your push.

banana182
11-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, that's a really good point. With my hand, allowing villain to see another card could easily lead to my hand becoming very weak.