PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs unkown (25NL 6max)

Rev. Good Will
11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
6max NL25

Villian just sits down with $25, I cover. I don't know him/her at all

Villian posts in the CO, and the action goes fold, call, and villian raises to $1.10. BU and SB fold, and I re-raise to $3.75 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif. Limper folds, and Villian calls.

Flop comes 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot size: $8)
I lead weak for $5 (mistake?). Villian pushes, having leaving me to call $13.25 in a $18 pot.

call or no call?

robinmbuk
11-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Without reads I fold this - I really don't like going broke with JJ. This couldbe pocket aces that he decided to smooth call your pf reraise with to trap you on the flop. He might also be pushing AKs, and if he is I'm not sure about the exact ev of calling here but I don't think you can be far ahead of two over cards and a flush draw.It is alos possible he holds TT and thinks his overpair is best. All in all I think I fold this vs an unknown (although at the table probably end up calling too often). Your flop bet could have been bigger (whole pot), but I don't think this would have made a difference to him pushing.

redCashion
11-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Definite fold vs unknown. Alot of people say JJ is hard to play, but I think the ease of getting away from them in situations like this actually makes them easy to play. With QQ+ in this spot you have a real decision.

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 04:20 PM
leading weak was definitely a mistake ... not a big one, but not a mistake youd like to be making constantly.

anyways ... what hands exactly are we afraid of here? 33 66 88 qq kk aa AKh AQh.

thats a big lisst, but i call anyways ... why?

i wouldnt want that same opponent to think he could get me off of an overpair on this flop and make that same bet w/ top pr ... folding here is too weak of a play .. ESPECIALLY when he could be just as easily doing this w/ 77 99 1010 or a flush draw/straight draw w/ no overs.

its really a tough situation and you dont have much choice, but you can take solace in the fact that had you bet more on the flop youd have a litle more fold equity, and youd have a little better odds to call his all in.

Bonesy
11-12-2006, 04:48 PM
I agree with Marshall here. Folding is too weak. Villain can have all kinds of A /images/graemlins/heart.gifx hands as well as TT and 99 and the usual donkiness. And yes, bet more on the flop.