PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant Move?

Our House
01-02-2006, 07:05 PM
This happened a long time ago at the Taj in Atlantic City....

A big name, high limit player who was playing 150/300 stud was dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, K /images/graemlins/heart.gif as hole cards and a K /images/graemlins/club.gif door card for rolled up kings.

On 5th street, he catches the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif while heads up against someone. The opponent has an open pair and is not backing down to the kings on board.

On 6th, the big name player makes kings up on board and the opponent still calls.

One slight problem here though....

The four kings aren't all different suits. There are two K /images/graemlins/spade.gif's in this deck. I'm not sure what you guys know about fouled deck rulings, but in the event of a fouled deck, all monies are returned to the players and the hand is a misdeal. The correct rule (although not enforced too often) is if someone doesn't disclose a fouled deck because they are the only one that knows about it, that player forfeits his share of the pot.

So, anyway......

River card is dealt. The big name player with the kings bets and quickly (before his opponent can react) shows the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, NOT the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif and says "save your money, I've got kings full". His opponent folds and he proceeds to take the pot.

Nice move? Hell yeah.
Unethical? Maybe.

Thoughts?

obsidian
01-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Unethical? More like theft.

jba
01-02-2006, 08:34 PM
how would you know about this?

MadTiger
01-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Rule is you show your BEST hand. Not the hand that you can win with.

Our House
01-02-2006, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rule is you show your BEST hand. Not the hand that you can win with.

[/ QUOTE ]
If there's no showdown, there's no rule. Since his opponent folded to the river bet, he was never obligated to show any cards at all.

JustARogue
01-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Wait, doesnt the hand go dead when he shows the Kh? I thought you aren't allowed to show hole cards before the action of complete and the other player hasn't completed yet.

Even so, yeah, I think thats pretty unethical.

Dan BRIGHT
01-03-2006, 07:24 AM
what happened to the deck after ? did the king guy soon later ask for a set change?

Adam22
01-03-2006, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unethical? More like theft.

[/ QUOTE ]

f that. it's all about the benjamins.

edge
01-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Awesome move.