PDA

View Full Version : 50 NL 6Max - Flopped Flush, Fold Turn?

redCashion
11-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Should have raised more on the flop. Having said that do you fold the turn? I'm not sure that the nut flush leads out on the turn, but at the same time I'm not sure it doesn't. And I've only invested a small amount so far. Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

UTG ($106.30)
Button ($10.05)
SB ($32.55)
Hero ($47.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button folds, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($7.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, Hero?

Djeorge
11-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I think a read on the player is pretty important here. An aggressive player would see this as a good bluffing opportunity (which it is) and fire a bet knowing you probably won't call without the A.
Given that you haven't included a read, I guess that most uMNL players don't bet out here w/out the A so I would probably fold.

danny8
11-12-2006, 01:36 PM
raise more on the flop, make it ~5$

You're in position, so i would call his turn, if he pots the river then i'd fold. This could easily be a worse spade/bluff trying to see where he stands.

hra146
11-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Raise more on the flop - agree

Then, I dont ever fold this on the turn. Call, get the Ts and stack the As.
Ive seen sets in this situation, Ive seen the Js and Ive seen bluffs.

River is going to be tricky if he fires again. Your most likely beat but you gotta see what the odds offer

pdoran10
11-12-2006, 02:56 PM
stats are very important here, but i tend to believe he hit the nootz. I just see too many donk leads with nut draw no pair, not being able to fold that i think hes got the goods.

I am curious of reads on villan tho.

redCashion
11-12-2006, 03:34 PM
I didn't have any reads or stats, other than the fact that villain was very talkative/friendly in the chat window. I agree this is mostly read dependant, to me the villain's bet seemed to indicate that he thinks his hand is best whether it is or not.