PDA

View Full Version : small pairs bet or limp

squidladder
11-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Just wondering if anyone thinks just limping small pairs up to 88 would be better than betting out.If you bet out from early or mid position your out of position for the rest of the hand and you most likley knocked out a few who would have limped. If you hit your set 1 in 8 times dont you want as many players as possible in the pot with you so you have a better chance of one of them hitting TPTK or 2pair so you can stack them.

danny8
11-12-2006, 09:38 AM
6max or fullring?

not too sure about FR, but i think limping small pps in early position is ok.

In 6max raising is far better than limping any pp from any position. Stacking someone in an unraised pot is so, so much harder than in a raised one. So if you hit your set in an unraised pot its unlikely your gonna get someones stack.

Small pp's are fairly easy to play post flop, relitively speaking. After the flop you usually either have a monster (a set) or pretty crappy lower-than-bottom-pair. you can win a lot and lose a little.

Also, you increase your post flop fold equity. If you raise, people with small pp's are generally just calling you, and when you both miss the flop, which you usually will, your cbet takes it down.

kolotoure
11-12-2006, 09:41 AM
My standard is to raise preflop with any pp in 6-max but that can change according to table dynamics

Triggerle
11-12-2006, 09:42 AM
There are advantages for raising, too. First, you start to build a big pot so in the cases you hit your set the bets will already be bigger.

Second, you will take down many pots either pre-flop or unimproved (at least in the micros).

And third, you will disguise your big pocket pairs if you raise with a variety of holdings.

squidladder
11-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Sorry its 6max

squidladder
11-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Great reply thanks
Did not think about trying to stack someone in a unraised pot part.

King Spew
11-12-2006, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My standard is to raise preflop with any pp in 6-max but that can change according to table dynamics

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always raise but ALWAYS am interested in RAISE SIZING based on table dynamics.

pdoran10
11-12-2006, 02:52 PM
almost always raise pocket pairs from any position.

This doesnt mean that when there are 4 limpers and ur in the SB with 44 u should raise, but id say raise liberally with any pocket pair. It gives you great leverage to C-Bet even if you miss the flop.

Hitting a set in a limped pot isnt all that great usually.